RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Pokemon X and Y

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Yes. If it is a gender reference, then the special edition could be XY or XX, or however genes work.

Or someone could make a hack of the game that makes everything ridiculous and broken and they could call it 21 21 21.
I'm sorry
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 82
I thought X and Y on a grid, Mathematics.

It's on the 3DS and there's the X, Y, and Z axis in a 3D plane. Makes sense to me.

That actually makes more sense. It's usual for them to release 2 versions, and later a 3rd with the new mascot. It's not an exact formula, but it does make sense.

I'd just hope TDS isn't right, and we're not going to be screaming "Goku! I choose you!" at the screen.

Also,

Spoiler for Froakie:

I approve of the title of masterpiece.

It's awesome.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
I thought X and Y on a grid, Mathematics.

It's on the 3DS and there's the X, Y, and Z axis in a 3D plane. Makes sense to me.

That actually makes more sense. It's usual for them to release 2 versions, and later a 3rd with the new mascot. It's not an exact formula, but it does make sense.

I'd just hope TDS isn't right, and we're not going to be screaming "Goku! I choose you!" at the screen.

Also,

Spoiler for Froakie:

I approve of the title of masterpiece.

It's awesome.

Thanks!

But everyone was expecting Grey, and we got Black/White 2.

So while X/Y/Z would make sense, the titles hint to it being about DNA/Chrosomes (did you see the dna strands on the logos?) amd Gamefreak/Nintendo are clearly trying to buck the trends they've set.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
I'll bet you about a bajillion dollars and a testicle that the next game will be Z and not XX/XY.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I wouldn't take that bet, as I don't really believe that will be the title. I was just throwing random derps thoughts out.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
The Legendaries have been named!

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
I wish they hadn't.

Rep:
Level 82
Added evidence of the special edition being "Z", if that's the way they're doing it.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Counsel2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Writer2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Funniest Member
Weirdly ok with this. Didn't even play B/W, or anything from Crystal to HG/SS. I've been thinking of getting a 3DS for Paper Mario, MGS and now this.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
Weirdly ok with this. Didn't even play B/W, or anything from Crystal to HG/SS. I've been thinking of getting a 3DS for Paper Mario, MGS and now this.

Its definitely a good time to get it. Once this comes out I can imagine game stores hiking up the price of the 3DS to cash in on all the people that didn't get one before the games are released.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 07:29:26 PM by Queen Boob »

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
The Legendaries have been named!

Is it pronounced "Zerneas" or "Kserneas"?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 82
Usually, the "X" is pronounced as a "Z" sound (like in xylophone or xenophobia), but in this case only time will tell.

It depends on if they want the letters they are using for the version to be attached to the sound of the Pokemon themselves. If so, then you'd have "EX-erneas" and "WHY-veltal". Otherwise you'll likely have "Z-erneas" and "E-veltal".

I can see either being possible really. Be interesting to know the name etymology. I always enjoy reading those.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
MGS3 on 3DS is pretty bad, so beware of that.

Its definitely a good time to get it. Once this comes out I can imagine game stores hiking up the price of the 3DS to cash in on all the people that didn't get one before the games are released.
If a store hiked up prices that would just annoy people and have them look for a place which doesn't do stupid things, which is the easiest thing in the world to do these days. And prices weren't hiked up for 3D Land, Mario Kart 7 or New Super Mario Bros 2. so it won't happen with Pokemon. At most they'll just not run any sales at its release.

Nintendo very super highly likely wants the install base of the 3DS to explode so future Pokemon games sell out the ass.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 03:32:46 AM by chewey »

Rep:
Level 51
RMRK Junior
I'm tired of your shit Pokemon. Stop adding to the roster guys, there's just too many and the legendary's are sort of ridiculous now.

I think this is gonna be one of those games that's great but in a terrible way. If they could, wiping the entire Pokemon slate and starting fresh would be great. Or even just making a non canon game that only keeps certain legendary's and doesn't have a roster that's nearing the 1000 mark :L Something new would be nice. . . Like the ability to actively control your Pokemon during a battle instead of just giving them commands :c
*scribbles*
{$name} is a beautiful human

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Most Successful Troll
dum

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
dum

Game added like £20 to the price of a new 3DS when Black 2 came out, and so did my local supermarkets (equivalent to wallmart).

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
I get along great with my 3ds. I was one of the loser who bought it when it first came out for way too much. Oh well.

Can I just say I'm glad the grass Pokemon isn't a snake? Or really dumb looking?

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
I get along great with my 3ds. I was one of the loser who bought it when it first came out for way too much. Oh well.

At least we got 20 free games for buying it early, even though I only liked 3 of them, but I finally got to play a Fire Emblem game which has helped me a lot when designing tactical battle system scripts (Even though there seems to always be that one character who dies the exact same way no matter what the battle).

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
I'm tired of your shit Pokemon. Stop adding to the roster guys, there's just too many and the legendary's are sort of ridiculous now.

I think this is gonna be one of those games that's great but in a terrible way. If they could, wiping the entire Pokemon slate and starting fresh would be great. Or even just making a non canon game that only keeps certain legendary's and doesn't have a roster that's nearing the 1000 mark :L Something new would be nice. . . Like the ability to actively control your Pokemon during a battle instead of just giving them commands :c

I... are.. you trolling me?

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

Gen 1 was the best amirite?

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
Gen 1 was the best amirite?

Everyone knows gen 0 was the best, just look at these graphics.

There were no sissy computer graphics either, you had to draw everything yourself.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me

I... are.. you trolling me?
I'm sure he was unaware of your strange attachment to the series when he made his post.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Attachment should be swapped with Sexual Attraction.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Apparently the legendaries are pronounced Zurr-Nee-Us and Ee-Vell-Tall. For some reason. Don't take my word for it.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 82
Apparently the legendaries are pronounced Zurr-Nee-Us and Ee-Vell-Tall. For some reason. Don't take my word for it.

It's how I would pronounce them if I just came across them as words.