RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RMXP Ignored?

Rep:
Level 75
My sword is law.
So I've been noticing that alot of the stuff from RMXP, from engine to topics to projects, seems generally ignored these days, not to mention, not posted often.
I personally think RMXP is a decent creator and I don't see how VX or VXA would surpass it on that kind of scale, so I guess what I'm asking people is:
Why do you think that RMXP is ignored? Is it all the hype about newer creators? Is it because the compression for RMXP sucks and thus isn't worth the time/money?

I honestly don't know, as I've been off of these kinds of sites for about a year working on my project (for RMXP).
Check out

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
As a scripter, it's the much improved RGSS3. RGSS1 is not bad, but the "Script hanging" error caused due to it's need to check if the Graphics module is being updated just kills it for me.

Also for some odd reason I can't even run RPG Maker XP, it keeps giving me some sort of weird sound error and closes.

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
I loved the maker. Especially all of the rtp enemy sprites. I thought it was creative an well done as a whole.

However.

The thing that really sunk it for me was the lack of world map. Call me purest, or old fashioned, or dumb, but to me it's just not a traditional rpg with the world map. That was such a huge turn off for me. If it had been there originally I may have stuck with it longer. Not having an easy to work with world map was a big loss. Scripting thenother neccesities in was a big pain too (vehicles and what not). It really has a lot going for it.

Just not the world map!

Rep:
Level 57
Destroy all the monsters...
Well, I still use the RMXP and is my favorite. You can use implement whatever kind of graphics or scripts and make a pretty cool project.

Here I put some of my work and stuff:

Spoiler for:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W18Cg4wfoPo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W18Cg4wfoPo</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7GVG2TurGQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7GVG2TurGQ</a>

I hope someday exist RMXPACE xD, Nos vemos. ;8
Click me, if wanna see more charas.-->
Spoiler for:

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
I haven't noticed any particular bias against RMXP, but I have noticed that it's not as widely used these days. I am still a fan of it personally, mainly because I prefer mapping with XP as opposed to VX or VX Ace.
Eddard Stark art by Teiiku

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I'm in the same boat as Ryosis

Rep:
Level 75
My sword is law.
I haven't noticed any particular bias against RMXP, but I have noticed that it's not as widely used these days. I am still a fan of it personally, mainly because I prefer mapping with XP as opposed to VX or VX Ace.

Indeed that's why I haven't switched over myself (mapping).
I've tried VX before but the mapping was just a bust for me, it seemed totally unnatural compared to XP.

The main reason I asked the question was primarily because I have a project "The Secrets Of Kankara" (originally to also be on gdunlimited but since it went down I haven't been able to get it there) that runs on XP, it uses the XAS abs system so it plays like a zelda/mana game, and it seemed like people won't download the demo because of XP's known issues.
Granted it could very easily be because I haven't been on this community as a main member and so I haven't been showing it here as well :P

On a side note, 2k3 went the same way that XP's going now, about the same time that VX was anounced (maybe even earlier) so it may just be natural tendency to go with the newer system too.
Check out

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
XP's known issues? What do you mean by that?

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I would say that the main issue with XP is that it's clearly inferior to the newer engines :V
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 75
My sword is law.
XP's known issues? What do you mean by that?

Just to name a couple big ones:
Script hanging- some games that used a lot of scripts would have script hangs that wouldn't be resolved, this was mainly to do with the process that XP's scripts would go through in order to validate everything, so at times a script would get stuck and crash the game.
XP's Encoder/Encryption- Was horrible, and it would only encrypt projects below about 100 MB (sometimes more), the encryption was easy to break to top that off, so most of the time we have to rely on external encryption methods that slow down the game itself, or in my case, wouldn't allow some events to process correctly. This is the biggest problem in my opinion.
Check out

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Most Promising Project 2014
Tbh i think encryption on non commercial games is stupid. If people really want to steal a graphics, sound, song, etc. then they are going to do it. I mean look at commercial games. We've managed to extract models, textures, songs, art etc. all from the original game. There is no real way to stop it. Just know that you made it and be happy. I think the reason people are moving on isn't because of the new engines. I just think our age group finally realized that rpgmaker is extremely limited. We are all moving on to bigger better engines. VXA certainly improved over VX, but it is still a fail in some aspects.

Rep:
Level 75
My sword is law.
Tbh i think encryption on non commercial games is stupid. If people really want to steal a graphics, sound, song, etc. then they are going to do it. I mean look at commercial games. We've managed to extract models, textures, songs, art etc. all from the original game. There is no real way to stop it. Just know that you made it and be happy. I think the reason people are moving on isn't because of the new engines. I just think our age group finally realized that rpgmaker is extremely limited. We are all moving on to bigger better engines. VXA certainly improved over VX, but it is still a fail in some aspects.

Very good points, cheers!  :strike2:
Check out

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
You mentioned another thing that's keeping me to XP, blizz abs I have yet to find a replacement XD