RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[2K3][FULL] Where End Times Saddest Song {Map Madness, 2012}

Rep:
Level 66
~RTP Princess~

Emi has come through the Manor relatively unscathed, though it took her a while to get over what she experienced there. Three months have passed since then and on their way back from a successful exorcism she and her father decide to stop at a lodge while heading home through the Nirelog forest.

When Emi wakes she finds herself alone in a haunted forest, her father missing. All she has with her is a backpack, a bottle of water and a flashlight.

What is this?
This is the next of the Map Madness series. It is a collaborative effort where people joined up and made a map using the graphics specified - that is, REFMAP. The maps are then made into a game that can be enjoyed by all who play.
The focus of this collaboration is Atmosphere.

What's with the names of these events?
They're from something my cousin wrote just before he killed himself. So, yeah, these are sort of homage to him in that respect. I do hope no-one minds.

The here and now of yesterday
          Where end Time's saddest songs
          Apon the brow tomorrow clear
          We, thoughtless, dream along
          And through the truth of never-been
          Sit, watch as time flies by
          For left, unspoken words I hear
          And empty lyrics lie

Characters

Emi: Eight years of age and very curious, Emi has a special power that allows her to see and interact with the dead. She has learned to use these powers to enter the Land of the Dead - a realm that exists along-side the normal world, where dead spirits dwell, anchored to the world in replicas of the places they died. Being able to enter these places, Emi confronts the spirits and, by interacting with them, loosens their ties to that world, enabling her father to come after her and release them into the afterlife.
Her mother was a very powerful exorcist who died not long after her birth. She did have an older brother who went missing when she was 5. Running into his ghost enabled her to fully realise her abilities and she has followed her father in his work ever since.

Father: An exorcist, though not a great one. He took over his wife's business after her death and has been able to eke a living from it since. After his son's death he finally found the determination he needed to pass his current level of abilities and has been a strong protector of the innocent dead ever since.
He loves Emi very much, and is rather protective of her, though he understands that with her powers she can never really have a normal life. He tries his best to provide, however, and makes sure she has some semblance of normality, even when on the job.
His where-abouts are currently unknown.

Screenshots

A few screens.
Spoiler for:

Events?

There are currently two events running for this game. One is the small Map Guess Minigame which asks you to match the maps to their makers. You can check it out >>here<<.

The second event lets you win prizes!
- $10 of packs at the RPGMakerWeb store.
- A game review by me
- If you make a fan art of Father, your design has a chance to be the canon look for him.

To get a chance to win these prizes all you need to do is make a piece of fanart of the game - whether it be your interpretation on Emi, Father or the forest. Post it to me via PM before Midnight, GMT 30th of October and voting will choose the best.

Current Fan Arts
Spoiler for:

'The darkness only wants to hug you' - Clareain_Christopher

Father Exorcist - Ephiam

Father and Daughter - alterego

Emi - Dudesoft

Art

Spoiler for:

Emi in the forest by Nessiah

Concept art of Emi by alterego

Emi Headshot by Nessiah

Download
Find the game >>HERE<<
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 08:09:53 PM by littlesatyr »

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Wow! You've done a great job on this project and your previous one, my condolences to your cousin, keep up the good work!

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Those maps look great.

Rep:
Level 66
~RTP Princess~
^.^ Thanks both~
The full version should be out some time tomorrow is out now~, but I guess I can post a few more screenshots here until then.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 08:12:02 PM by littlesatyr »