RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RPG Maker VX ACE : Lag help

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Hi! I have a problem:
So I have created the intro to my game, which is sort of picture-heavy. After the intro is over, you are teleported to a map where some dialogue and movement takes place, but its extremely laggy. Walking around and dialogue boxes are skipping badly. However, if I change the start position to the map which skips the intro, everything is as smooth as butter. I've spent a long time on this intro, I'd hate to not be able to use it.

Here is what I've tried:
-When the intro is over, the screen fades out, all pictures are removed, the hero changes graphic, teleports to the next map, screen fades in.
-Everything that happens up above, except I added a switch that pretty much makes the autorun event disappear.
-I've removed as many events from the next map as possible, even though it would run smoothly with all the events if the intro doesn't take place.

I guess what my question is, is there a way to like clear the cache or something? Maybe the intro event takes up too much memory?

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Never mind I found the answer!, after looking up on google I discovered that RPG Maker VX Ace will continue running the pictures even after deletion, but there is a Picture Bug Fix script that fixes it. Works like a dream, I really didn't think it was a scripting issue so I apologize if I put this in the wrong area.
I'd post the script but its not my script, but if you search for it you'll find it.