RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Legend of the Moonhunter [February 8: DEMO 2.0 released!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
nobody's gonna respond
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Just kidding, I like the map with the blue house. I've been watching this thread, but don't really have anything to add.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 57
RPG VX - Project Moonhunter
nobody's gonna respond

Heart almost skipped a beat. almost.

Just a sign of life is good enough.  8) Otherwise it feels so silent here  :-X
My project:

Rep:
Level 55
RMRK Junior
This looks really awesome! The new art you have is truly impressive. This is really cool and I can not wait to see more. I just looked through some pixel art and I'm going back to read the story.

Rep:
Level 57
Thank you for the kind words, trexrell. Encouraging words keep me at it!
My project:

Rep:
Level 85
Wow. This looks great! I'm surprised to see how atmospheric you're able to make things look using the VX engine!

I'm downloading it now so I can play it in the morning.

BTW, did you draw the character portraits yourself, or do you have an artist. Cudos to whoever drew them. Same goes to whoever composed your OST, lol. I'm reall looking forward to hearing these songs in-game!

Rep:
Level 57
Thank you for the kind words. I work with an artist, so I'll relay your message; it's always nice to hear work is appreciated. I myself compose the music, so I'm happy to hear you like it.

I hope to have a new demo out soon, which may not be fully compatible with the current one, but I'll keep everyone posted.
My project:

Rep:
Level 57
In-game screens of the latest area. Seems to work rather nicely. The drowned city and one house's interior:

Next up is getting all the items and enemies in place, the music, events, and then onwards to the castle...
My project:

pokeball YinOfflineFemale
Rep:
Level 86
I love the way your latest screenshots come together. I love the messy and broken abandoned feel they have. Very nice!

Rep:
Level 38
けつばん
Didn't read the caption yet but instantly thought "looks like you are walking on water."

Turned out to be a good thing.

Rep:
Level 57
Business makes one busy.

I am, as always, still busy with Moonhunter. No pictures or any real updates, so just for all of you who are waiting (and for those who aren't), a little goody to pass them time.

I have uploaded all the music I've made for the game thusfar to Soundcloud. Click-y the link below to go there and listen to the songs, including some that are not in the current demo.

https://soundcloud.com/geokoer/sets/lotm

If you like a song, tell me here or on Soundcloud!
~ G
My project:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Very lovely OST! ;__; Really sets the mood for the game! Do you do the music writing, or is that a teammate? :D

Also, those last screenshots look awesome. I'm going to try to give this game another playthrough sometime, now that I have a computer that isn't terrible. :]
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 57
Glad you like the music! It is something I compose by myself, and kind of 'my baby' in the game. I feel catchy tunes and melodies can add enormously to the atmosphere of the game.

I would almost advice you wait a month or so, until the new demo comes out; it'll be packed with goodies, original monster art and many more things!
My project:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Glad you like the music! It is something I compose by myself, and kind of 'my baby' in the game. I feel catchy tunes and melodies can add enormously to the atmosphere of the game.

I would almost advice you wait a month or so, until the new demo comes out; it'll be packed with goodies, original monster art and many more things!

Very cool! :-) Another awesome RMRK musician! (We tend to have a lot of musical folks around here)

And in that case...I'll wait til the next demo! ;o
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 57
Hello friends,

My goodness, the delays... Full time work gets in the way nowadays, but this project will continue!

So what have I been busy with, in terms of the game? Well, I have been making some unique sprite animations for characters, specifically the big baddie that wil be met. I am designing big baddie's castle, too, taking up some time as well.

To put things in perspective, this is my to-do list for the new demo:
- finish castle interior design (a couple of maps)
- compose 3 or 4 more songs
- scripting 3 more major events
- create unique battle animations for big baddie & his henchman
- create unique sprite animation for the protagonist.

This with the time span of <30 mins per day... oh boy.

I strave for december, as some free time pops up during the holiday season. I hope to be able to finish the new demo around that time, too, and upload it (with some new screens).

Until then, here's a wiener dog with a bone. :sdog:

~ G
My project:

Rep:
Level 57
Hello all!

I've composed the song that will play when meeting the main antagonist (or, bad guy) in person: King In The Flesh. This will occur in the upcoming demo as well. Personally I like the organ solo around 1 minute the best. Nothing beats an organ with loud toms to indicate someone evil, eh? Let me know what you all think.  :Vg;

Anyone know, by the by, how to embed SoundCloud in a forum post?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 07:27:19 AM by Geokoer »
My project:

Rep:
Level 96
Cool song. :)

Looking at a post by Malson. This is the code to embed them -

Code: [Select]
[soundcloud][/soundcloud]

He had some numbers in it, but I have no clue where you get those.

[soundcloud]177175842[/soundcloud]

It looks like this when posted.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 57
Thanks! It works!

it takes a little tweaking; clicking the share + embed options in SoundCloud gives a whole code:
<iframe width="100%" height="166" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/179735975&amp;color=ff5500&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false"></iframe>

Somewhere in that mess you can see the code
. That is, I suppose, the one that's needed.  :sdog:
My project:

Rep:
Level 57
What's up people! I am getting excited; started working on the final area and events for the new demo (which will come end this month, if all goes well!) and I've composed a new - though simple - piece of music for one particular area: Domradal, known as the drowned city.

Picture (old):
Spoiler for:

Here's a little backstory (can be found on the main page too):

Domradal used to be a large city, 87 years before the start of the game. The previous (demonic) ruler of the Dark Rain Forest was defeated by king Feran all those years back. However, the king himself turned evil and broke the northern dam that bordered Domradal, flooding the entire city. Only the old castle remained, which is where king Feran lives.

For 87 years the flooded city has slowly decayed, and gone into oblivion. It is such a desolate, cursed place not even demons dare to go near it. Or maybe they fear their demon king...
My project:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Damn you're putting a lot of effort into this game o.o It's coming along nicely! :)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 57
Been hard at work with the final area for the demo. And dayum - I took way too long. Here's a screenie:

This is (part of) the throne room of the bad guy. Considering the castle has not been looked after in over 87 years, it is partly in a state of decay; torn rugs and curtains, stains and cracks. Wha' cha think?

One more area to go after this - the hortus (inner garden). Then it's scripting and events...

---

Also: updated character art! The amazing artist who does my monsters has also drawn the characters. Here they are:
Spoiler for:

Dark (Aya Masters), age 25

Keshi (Keshi Maell), age 15

Zihkan (Zihkan Kesh'Kan), age 48

Please don't use these images without consent...

More info on them can be found in the start of this thread. Later on, one more character will be added.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 12:39:29 AM by Geokoer »
My project:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
So beautiful ;_; your mapping has a lot of unique color to it! ;o
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 57
Thank you! I think I'm getting the hang of it; I probably should redo some older areas to make them more interesting  ;)
Though I'll keep that for another time...
My project:

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Most Promising Project 2014
this game is real real reeeeeeeeal, nice

Rep:
Level 57
Thank you, Zexion! If you'd like, do play the new demo when I release it this weekend.  :D

Final area I've been mapping:

Now it's a matter of writing the events, and having an epic battle in the moonlight. I am working to being done this weekend! It took me a little longer than initially thought, but I like the way the backgrounds have worked out.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 01:25:00 AM by Geokoer »
My project: