RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Need Script: have player click event (a boombox) to change music (playlist)

Rep:
Level 67
TheNeonHeart.com
Basically, the game I am making all takes place at a house party, and I want to have realism regarding the way the music changes. And I don't even know how to change to the next song when the first song finishes. But I'd also like to change the music to another track if the player is tired of a song (I have a long playlist of songs) by clicking on a boombox and choosing 'change music' or whatever.

Is there an easy way to event this, or could someone make a 'boombox script' for me? I'd really appreciate it, and definitely give you credit in the game.
And if you stare for long enough into the abyss... you just might stare it down.

My Games: ExXception Draft
My Awesome Homepage The Neon Heart.com Host to My Writing / Music / Reviews / and More

Rep:
Level 55
RMRK Junior
You should look for a script called simple mouse script system (if i find back the link i'll post it). It allows you make an event start by directly clicking on it. So we have the "boombox". To make it run without a script, you can try to use a variable. Depending on the variable value the event will start a different song (by the way with song you mean bgm??).
There is probably a way to code it in an event even in an easier way but it's time for to o to bed so i'll think about it tomorrow with fresh mind :) Hope that this helps for now XD

Rep:
Level 67
TheNeonHeart.com
Thanks for responding. By the way, I didn't mean 'click' like mouse click. I mean an event, where you hit the action button, 'enter' for instance' and a dialogue comes up that says 'Change music?' and you have a choice, 'yes' or 'no'. Or maybe a few different 'radio stations' to choose from like some games have.
And if you stare for long enough into the abyss... you just might stare it down.

My Awesome Homepage The Neon Heart.com Host to My Writing / Music / Reviews / and More

Rep:
Level 55
Hey there, if all you are trying to do is make an event that lets the user dynamically change the music it is actually really simple.

Spoiler for:

If you follow the example above, just give them a first choice option (the first red circle) that asks if they want to change the music. Once they select yes, you can then give them a list of all the songs they can change to.

If instead you wanted it to be a random song that can be easily done too in a similar style,

Spoiler for:

As above, you set a random variable and then simply do a series of conditional branches that check against the values of the variables and play the declared song.

Spoiler for:

The above images shows how you would set the random variable, simply go to "Control Variable" and select random and your range.

(This was done in VX, if your using Ace I'd imagine it would be very similar, but if your having any more problems, or I didn't understand what you needed, then I'll try to help further after you post again.)

<Alex>

Rep:
Level 55
RMRK Junior
QuantifiedIllusions wrote down just what i ment XD

Rep:
Level 67
TheNeonHeart.com
Thanks. I'll try it out. It looks like it'll work to me.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 11:18:01 PM by theneonheart »