RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Is it possible to script extra stats/edit existing ones? [XP]

Rep: +0/-0Level 58
RMRK Junior
...Well, here's the thing. Normally I'd copy the fill-in script request application thingy, but there's something I need to know first.

Okay, I'm designing this one game. Weapons are divided between melee and ranged, and each character has two stats that affect the power/accuracy of each type. Strength and dexterity for melee, which are in RMXP as-is... and precision and stability for ranged weapons (precision being like strength, stability being like dexterity).

Now... I don't think it would be possible with basic RMXP to just re-name Int to Prs, but if I recall - I don't have RM at the moment - all weapons use Str for their damage, and only skills use Int. Would it be possible to script in the ability to change whether regular weapons use Str or Int/Prs for their damage?

And then, stability would be a whole new stat, only affecting accuracy when the character uses a ranged weapon. This would require scripting in a whole new stat, along with a slight change to weapons themselves.

I've heard that scripting in new stats is very hard if not impossible... I really hope that's not the case, though. If it is, I'll have a formal script request thing up before long.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
No, that's certainly possible. It sounds like you mostly just want to change the damage formula.

That said, there aren't any regulars on this site who still script for XP. That isn't to say the request won't be fulfilled - there's always the off-chance that a non-regular will drop by, but you might have better luck elsewhere.

Rep: +0/-0Level 58
RMRK Junior
Hmm... I see... I suppose I'll have to do that, then... thank you, though. c: