RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[request] Title Screen - Images instead of Menu Text

Rep:
Level 58
in training
Hi everyone,

I really want to change the "look" of my title screen. Ideally I wasnt something like this one by MOG Hunter however that has way more than I need/want.

Another one I found was this however, whilst simpler, it's still more complex than I want.

My goals are as follows

1. Show multiple static images for the title. Random or routine rotation... doesn't matter
2. Replace text for menu with images. Preferably like this one where there's an entire new menu image for each selection (enables me to enlarge the active selection) but that's not super important.

#2 is the most important one

I tried using MOG's script as a base to see what I could manage but I didn't get very far

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RQnaJAWCGw

Does anyone know if something exists that does this already? I had a look on the script page and in google but I'm not sure if I'm wording my search right as, with the exception of MOGs, there doesn't seem to be much out there!

Thanks in advance

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, the first script you linked is for VX Ace, and the second is for VX (both are made by the same person). Which maker are you using?

Rep:
Level 58
in training
Wow, I forgot rule #1 for posting on the site. Sorry about that. Quite embarrassing really considering how often it's stated in the stickies :S

I'm using VX Ace

However both those scripts work in ace even though the second is vx