RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Character Creation Script Convertion [RGSS3 -> RGSS2]

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
Hi there. I found an awesome script on another forum. The problem, it's an RMVXAce forum. That means it was coded in RGSS3, using RGSS3 classes and methods. I read the entire topic, and did not see anything saying that the author had any problems with it being altered for private use, or public use for that matter. I have tried to contact the author about this, but he (she?) has been inactive for quite a while now. Credit will be givento both the original author, and whoever converts the script to an RGGS2. If this is a problem, I will definately take down this request.

Here's a link to the original topic;
http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/2357-ka...ces-version-11/
It uses many classes and methods that are not written into RGSS2, so it will likely be a tough job. I, with my very limited knowledge of RGSS2 could not do it, which is why I am requested it be done for me.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 12:00:44 AM by Pacman »

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
If no one converts this, you could always event a character creation menu.
This is the basic idea of it.
This could give you an idea of how to implement it in menu form.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
I do know how I could easily event it using Omega's Character Selection script, but it would be difficult to add a return method if you decide to change something without forcing you to completely start over. I could always do it, but it'd be tough. :/ A script also looks nicer.

EDIT: I just read that tutorial to see how she did it, and I feel like people don't know how to event now :/
EDIT2: I just checked out the evented menu systems. I have faith in other people once again.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 08:56:25 PM by Infinate X »

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
but it would be difficult to add a return method if you decide to change something without forcing you to completely start over.

Labels compadre, labels.

A script also looks nicer.

The prettiness of your event system is only limited by your imagination (and/or ability to make or procure graphical resources)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 09:44:27 PM by Acolyte »

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
I've decided I'll event this. Please close this topic now.