RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX][REQUEST] New Skill System!!!

Rep:
Level 55
RMRK Junior
Eureka Flow Skill System
28/09/2012

Summary
Hello scripters! Have you ever played Rogue Galaxy? It is a PS2 videogame that has a particular
skill learning method, called "Eureka Flow".
Since I've looked around for a similar script but I haven't found it, I've decided to make a request.
This system gives to each character of the game a "Revelation Flow". This "board" contains different "slots" (containing items), each one related to a skill. The way to learn a skill is "socket" items obtained during the game into the slots until they are filled up. Each slot contains one to a few (usually max 6) items to be filled.
I've put a board example in the "Mockups" Section.
A base function than should be in the script is that you can't access to some slots(locked) until others are filled up. This related slots are indicated by an arrow (like in the picture).
I hope I've catched you're attention! And thanks in advance!

Features Desired
  • Basic Eureka Flow
  • Linked/Locked Slots function (Possibly one skill linked to several others)
  • "socketted" items should be shown with their icon clearly, otherwise it should be shown in black(like the picture)
  • Navigation poiter with Banner window showing the name of the item needed or the skill name once the slot is filled (if possible)
  • Popup Message with the name of the skill learned once the slot is filled
  • Original Game-like visual aspect(if possible)

Mockups
Board aspect

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Popup Message

Games its been in
  • Rogue Galaxy

Did you search?
Yep!

Where did you search?
  • RPGMAKERVX Community
  • RPGMAKER Web Official Forums

What did you search for?
  • Eureka Flow Skill System
  • Rogue Galaxy Scripts

Thank in advance to whoever wants to take this request!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 04:48:58 PM by Otaku000 »

Rep:
Level 81
Monster Hunter
i remember Rogue galagy it was (still is) a very cool game and the skill system was unique loved Dark cloud too by the way hope someone can make this for you :)

Rep:
Level 55
RMRK Junior
Thanks, I hope so too =) Even if Rogue Galaxy is a 2007 game i'm still playing it! I'm about 78 hours of playing but far from finishing it 100% XD

Rep:
Level 75
What the...?
You put this together nicely, Otaku000.

I think it looks awesome and I'm sure there are those out there who could script this pretty easily.  It seems to be more of a graphical challenge than anything else.  I wish I were good enough to try this.  And I hope someone out there can help you.  I think I'm still a few months from tackling anything like this.  Have you tried posting this in a script shop on one of the forums?  Sometimes, there exactly what you need for bigger projects like this.

Rep:
Level 55
RMRK Junior
Have you tried posting this in a script shop on one of the forums?
Uhm, sorry for the question but what do you mean by "script shop"? Never heard before! And also, where I can find one?

Rep:
Level 75
What the...?
I sent you a link to the one I know of that's open.  Sometimes, scripters are gracious enough to lend their talent to the forums. 

Rep:
Level 55
RMRK Junior
Thanks! I've already posted my request :)