RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VMA] [REQUEST] A new, interesting magic system

Rep: +0/-0Level 55
The Lucid One
So, I suppose I'll start with a backstory...

I want my game to revolve around the use of "Orb Shards" for their magic. Think of materia from FFVII.

Basically, I am looking for a script that involves using a circle broken up into 3, 5, 7, 9, and finally 12 parts as the levels go up. Each part will be a new slot for you to equip a shard and unequip as needed. Basically the exact same thing as materia That shard will then give you the appropriate magic (Earth shard = Earth magic, etc.). I have not yet decided If I want the shards to level up, or if the character will simply get better shards. I will probably do the latter.

What I am looking for is a script that will allow this to happen from the menu, allow the circle to allow more shards as the character levels up, and to allow adjacent shards in the circle to have certain affects For example, if you have 3 slots, and you have a wind shard, then an ice shard, then a "multi" shard (which then would be attached to the wind shard since it's a circle) then you will be able to do a wind + ice = blizzard spell, or an ice attack on all opponents, or a wind attack on all opponents. The shards will only affect each other if they are directly adjacent.

I know this is a HUGE request but if someone will help me I would be forever grateful, and credits would most definitely be given. Hell I'd even let you name the game, or put your character in it, or something!

I attached a screenshot to help. In this example, we assume the character who has this particular orb is high enough level to have a 5 slot orb.

Seeing which shards are touching, we can see the following holds true for the actor's skills as he holds this orb:

So our character's "Magic" menu would look like this under this orbs configuration:

MAGIC
Earth
Fire
Water
Heal
Volcano
Geyser
Aqua Heal
Fire All
Heal All

Can somebody please help me?

The Lucid One
Just as a heads up to who I am, I post a lot on RPGmakervxace.net. I am going to definitely be looking through the forums here and see what I can help people with, so I do not intend to only ask for help and not be the type of guy who doesn't help others.

The Lucid One

The Lucid One
Please? lol

The Lucid One
I am offering and willing to pay for somebody to do this...

Rep:
Level 84
It could take a lot of work, but technically it could be evented.

The Lucid One
I have tried eventing that. The idea of having multiple shard slots, each of which compliment the shard adjacents to it, would involve to many conditional branches that, although eventing it is technically somewhat possible, it is impractical. I also was hoping for a GUI for the orbs, accessible by the menu.

I know it's rough, that's why I'm offering to pay.

The Lucid One