RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA] Solar's New and Improved VXAce Event Shop

Rep:
Level 73
Impossibre!
Participant - GIAW 11
Come one, come all! Come and see the wonders in store for you! Are your scripts glitchy? Do you prefer VXAce the way you bought it (for some reason)?
Or would you just like some help with some crazy awesome system idea? I, Solar Eclipse, provide excellent assistance and superb services to anyone who
wants an event system, for a nominal fee of $0.00!! That's right! Zero dollars! All you have to do is submit a request here in the below format, and I will
make said system to the best of my fantastic abilities!*

Name of System: Derp.
Description of System: Describe in detail what you want this to accomplish
Available Variables: The number range of the variables I can use. This is to make it so that you don't have to reassign variables when you get the system
Available Switches: Same as above
Item Numbers Available: Same as above
Are you fine with me using scripts to supplement the system:
Can I post the system here, or do you want it PM'd to you:

Remember to put me in your credits when you finish your game!

*Abilities may be (un)limited
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 03:54:53 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 73
Impossibre!
Participant - GIAW 11
This situation calls for a BUMP!

Rep:
Level 84
You could always help me with my system that I'm trying to work out. An event in front of the player that detects event id's when you're facing them. I want it to do certain things based on the event "class" if you will. I don't really know how to do that.

Rep:
Level 73
Impossibre!
Participant - GIAW 11
I'll overlook the lack of using the requesting format because I can pester you by phone. Consider it being worked on!

EDIT: Done. It should be in your PM.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 08:51:49 PM by Solar Eclipse »

Rep:
Level 84
Dude. I never thought to do it that way. That's awesome and opens up so many more ideas for my stealth/darkness system!

Rep:
Level 73
Impossibre!
Participant - GIAW 11
This is Solar and I approve of this message.

BUMP!

Rep:
Level 84
Thanks again for helping me figure out that proximity sensor for my player.

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
RMRK Junior
Good stuff, Solar. I'm going to take you up on this...

Name of System: Magic Learning Parameters

Description of System: To have requirements and limits to learn a certain skill.

Magic is learned through a basic item (scroll) accessible through the item menu. Selecting the scroll starts a common event that prompts the user to learn the magic or not. To learn the magic you must first meet certain criteria: level, magic, strength, experience, or even a variable based on renown.

And here's the reason I can't figure out how to do this myself...to base the parameter requirement on the natural stats of the member, not the affected stats. Meaning, you can't simply equip your Magus Rod +500 MAG and learn the strongest spell in the game. It must be based on the base parameters of the member. Even better if this can be implemented without unequipping said member.

You are also limited to how many skills you can learn based on your level (likely a step system, such as lv 1-10 is 5 spells, lv. 11-20 is 8 spells, etc). Level 1 Tommy shouldn't be able to learn 50 spells!

Since you are limited to how many skills you can learn, skill swapping will become useful. You can unlearn a skill the same way you learned it...by selecting the scroll. The same common event recognizes that a member has the skill learned, and prompts to unlearn the skill. Once the skill is unlearned, it can be relearned by any member. Only one member can learn the skill at a time, and there is only one scroll available for that skill in the game.

The specifics are trivial, they are merely for showing one way the system can be used. It's a fairly basic and useful premise: have parameters that determine whether or not you can learn a spell. We can't have Level 1 Tommy learning Level 99 Ultima magic!

Available Variables: 0020 and above

Available Switches: 0020 and above

Item Numbers Available: Your choice (I haven't landed on a good organization of items yet)

Are you fine with me using scripts to supplement the system: Yes

Can I post the system here, or do you want it PM'd to you: Post it!

Rep:
Level 73
Impossibre!
Participant - GIAW 11
All right, this should be fun! Due to the schedule of my Army training, I won't be able to work on this till tomorrow (it's 1016 [A.M.] right now). But it will be done!

UPDATE: I've got the base eventing down. The only thing left at this point is the whole equip/unequip magic-buffing items issue. Off to more training!

FINAL UPDATE: Well, it's pretty much done. I couldn't find a way around the equips, so you'll have to make an excuse for taking off magic buffs beforehand. If you
have any questions about it, feel absolutely free to PM me!

http://www.mediafire.com/?z5anjthb1w1l99t
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 01:44:12 AM by Solar Eclipse »

Rep:
Level 73
Impossibre!
Participant - GIAW 11
Look out for the BUMP in the road!

if you try & edit my custom title i will hack you
Rep:
Level 66
Im PRO get used to it!
May i use this. if so awesome!

Spoiler for projects:
God of Darkness
Devils nest
Unnamed Games(2)
The CREW experience

Rep:
Level 73
Impossibre!
Participant - GIAW 11
Sure you can use it. Just credit me.

Rep:
Level 66
Im PRO get used to it!
Great thanks.... I'm gonna have a really long list of credits  :-\

Spoiler for projects:
God of Darkness
Devils nest
Unnamed Games(2)
The CREW experience

Rep:
Level 73
Impossibre!
Participant - GIAW 11
Meh, whatever. All the best games have like ten-minute credits anyway.  ;)

P.S. Tell your friends how awesome I am.

Rep:
Level 66
Im PRO get used to it!
Ya i always skip the credits. already told my friends how awesome you are. lol.

Spoiler for projects:
God of Darkness
Devils nest
Unnamed Games(2)
The CREW experience

Rep:
Level 73
Impossibre!
Participant - GIAW 11
So, uh, I was driving down a dirt road the other day when I hit a huge BUMP.

Rep:
Level 73
Impossibre!
Participant - GIAW 11
The other day I forgot to duck, so I BUMPED my head on a crossbeam.

Rep:
Level 73
Impossibre!
Participant - GIAW 11

Rep: +0/-0Level 47
RMRK Junior
If you are still around doing this, I have a request:

Name of System: Party Member Creator and Monter Farm
Description of System: This is a bit of a two-part system:

1) I am making a game with a system similar to the Digimon World Dawn/Dusk/DS games, where you need to fight monsters enough to collect enough Data to create that monster at a specific location. For instance: Every time you fight a Slime, the slime troop you faced has a battle event that increases the "Slime Data" Variable by 5 for each slime in the troop. If you fight a Slime/Bat troop, the battle event increases the "Slime Data" Variable by 5 and the "Bat Data" Variable by 3. If the Data Variable for a specific enemy gets to 100 or more, you can go to an NPC in the main town, and have that data turned into that specific monster which can then be added to your party, or sent to an "Island" where they can be held for later, and also be switched with a monster in your party if you visit that island. When you use that data for creating a monster, the Variable that controls that enemy's data goes back to 0.

The main problem here is I plan to have 250+ possible enemies that you can create. It is very tedious and will most likely lag the game to have the NPC who creates these monsters for your party check if every single Enemy Data Variable is at or above 100, then compile a list of the ones who have 100+ for their variable and ask which one the player would like to create. I'm looking for a way to cut down on this, or at least make the event look cleaner than it would in the way I just explained.

2) The Island part of the system: I want to send monsters that the player doesn't want in their party at the time to be sent to a map where the player can visit, and select the monster they want to put in their party (by talking to that sprite), then selecting who in their party they want to replace the selected monster with. Then the monster in the party who was replaced, will go to the map with all of the other monsters that are being held in reserve.

There will be a variable that controls how many monsters you can control on your island at once (can be increased by buying upgrades), and if you try to create a new monster and that would give you more monsters than your island can hold, the NPC will tell you that you need to free a monster before he can make another one.

I know there is a lot here, and honestly i'm not sure if it can be done just through eventing, but I figured I would get an opinion from someone who seems to know their way around events. I'm pretty good with them, but I'm not an expert by any means. Let me know what you can do, if anything please?

Available Variables: All of them, I have just begun this project, so I haven't made it far.

Available Switches: All of them (same reason)

Item Numbers Available: All of them

Are you fine with me using scripts to supplement the system: Absolutely

Can I post the system here, or do you want it PM'd to you: Posting here is fine