RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[REQUEST] Item Combine [VXA][REWARD AVAILABLE]

Rep: +0/-0Level 55
RMRK Junior
Okay, i originaly posted this thread a few days ago on rpgmakervxace.net but decided i may as well put it over here as well, see if anyone here knows how...

Im making a puzzle game at the moment so I was looking for a script in which i could combine items together as part of a puzzle, I realise that there are several alchamy scripts available but all the ones I have seen are too complicated, I would prefer a much more intuitive system. Therefore I would apreciate it if someone could make a script in which you can combine two items together to make a new item, much like in point and click adventure games, for example: http://www.youtube.c...CK_v0RjM#t=336s

I aprecialte this interface would be very hard to recreate so i was thinking something more along the lines of showing just a simple list of all the items a character has available, in one main window, from which point onwards you can select an item and then try to use it with another item on the screen and if a match is possible, a new item is created and the old ones destroyed, with a message popping up saying "you made so and so" or if not, a message popping up informing the player that they cannot do that.

I wouldnt really mind how the system is set up either a config in the script or notetags are fine by me

For example:
Spoiler for:

Where the 1st item stays selected and you can then move around tying to match it with others

The first person who manages to do this I will compose an midi loop around 30ish seconds, just say what sort of thing you want, i should be able to do it

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help

Rep: +0/-0Level 55
RMRK Junior
Here are some Crafting/Synthesizing scripts:

(My favorite) Tactics Ogre PSP Crafting Script it's pretty simple, if you don't want a gold/cost window you can remove it in the settings.

You could also event it, but combining common events to the item parts. The events would see if the player has the required parts, and if the player does it removes the parts, and then adds combined item.

EDIT: Oh yeah, thanks, but I don't really need a midi loop right now.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 07:06:06 PM by dragon3025 »