RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX REQUEST] Weapon States from Item Use

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
Weapon States from Item Use
August 22, 2012

Summary
By using items, you can apply certain states to weapons (and maybe armour too). Easy way of doing this would probably be through the notes box of the item that applies the state, with the ID of the state specified, then selecting the weapon or armour to apply the state to. And example of this would be the poison use in Skyrim or Oblivion.

Features Desired
  • The ability to apply states to weapons by using various items.
  • If the scripter takes the initiative and allows this for armour as well, then customizability that allows the person using the script to decide if they want to apply states to weapons AND armour, or just weapons, or just armour.
  • The ability to select which states are applied.
  • Restrictions on some weapons, ensuring that those weapons cannot have states applied to them.
  • Customizability as to whether the state remains forever, or is used up after a number of hits.

Games its been in
  • Skyrim (Poisons)
  • Oblivion (Still Poisons)
  • Final Fantasy VII (Materia. Sort of.)

Did you search?
I do believe to the fullest extent of my knowledge that varying degrees of searching took place determinate of the time and place of searching. So, to make this statement continuously long-winded, and to prove without a shadow of a doubt that one can talk excessively and say so very little, I shall announce that I indeed searched, and that the searches were most unsatisfying.

Ahem. Yes. I searched.

Where did you search?
  • RMRK
  • Google
  • This place.

What did you search for?
  • Applying states to weapons
  • Poisoning weapons via items
  • RMVX weapon state scripts
  • Etc. (That one was particularly unsuccessful)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 06:15:48 PM by Strak »

Gods ain't gonna help ya son...

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
Bump?

Bump.

Gods ain't gonna help ya son...