RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Better weapon/Armor upgrading [RMVXA]

Rep: +0/-0Level 66
Open World Guy
i need a upgrading system for my game, this includes weapon/armor upgrading as well as enchanting.

this will be the 4-5th time I'm requesting this. hopefully someone will help me out here

Example:
you walk up to a forge(event) and activate it a window pops up, this window has 3 sections. one big section to the left with two squares, where your items go. the other two sections are to the right, the top one show all available weapon/armor ready for upgrading. and the bottom section has the materials for upgrading. you scroll through the top list and find a sword you want to upgrade, and select it, it goes to the top box of the first section to the left. then the courser jumps down to the third section which has the materials, then you pick one of the materials you have. then the courser will jump to a button on the bottom that says upgrade. when you select it your sword will be upgraded by a certain percent based on the material you used.

The brake down:
to upgrade you need materials(items with note tags) 
these note tags will be something like this: [material][n%]
note tag material will allow the item to be used for upgrading, and the n(number)% will be how many percent the weapon/armor will be upgraded to.
all weapon/armor will be upgrade able, unless a note tag says other wise.

upgrade will effect anything thing that the weapon/armor boosts, so if you have a sword that boost atk by 3 and you upgrade it by 100% atk will go up by 3, if you have  an armor that boosts atk, def, and Agi, they will all be affected as well.

spicing things up:
there should be a universal and exclusive FAIL rate, would be boring to upgrade an item 100% of the time.
when an item FAILS to upgrade it will lose a constant # of percent unless a note tag says other wise.
there should also be a chance of the item braking when it FAILS.

Lastly the enchanting part:
enchanting GUI will be the same as upgrading.
enchanting will add state effects based on the material you are using.
enchanting tag: [Ematerial][21][90%]
Ematerial allows the item to be used to enchant, number is the state id to add to the equipment, the percent if armor add rate of causing state
if armor add rate of resisting the state

example if i have a sword that is enchanted with confusion, and the percent is 75%, then when i hit an enemy with that sword, it will have 75% chance of causing confusion, if its an armor it will resit 75% of confusion.

THE GUI:

if anyone can do this for me i will be so grateful. iv been looking for a script like this for years, lol. thanks in advance! 
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 08:01:36 PM by chigoo »

Rep: +0/-0Level 66
Open World Guy
anyone care to help, or even comment on the request...?