RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Imported .wav files don't work for some arcane reason

Rep: +0/-0Level 55
Some maniac
I hope this is in the right place...

Hi. I'm MAXinsanity, also called 409, and I've run into a problem that makes me want to slam my head into the nearest wall.

Each time I import a .wav file, either for music or sound, it doesn't work. The file appears and seems normal in every way except that it doesn't play inside the program/game/thing I'm doing. This is really annoying, as it basically means making my own sounds for it is impossible. Additionally, .mp3 files work just fine for music, which is weird.

I'm making music/audio for it with Sequel 3, which is not the best of programs, I know, this doesn't seem very important, but maybe it's something to do with how Sequel 3 exports .wav files or something.

Any help whatsoever would be appreciated.

Rep: +0/-0Level 55
RMRK Junior
As far as I am aware rpg maker only supports audio in midi or .ogg format, perhaps try converting your audio files into .ogg files and see if it works then?

I would recomend doing so by downloading audacity (from http://audacity.sourceforge.net/) and open up your audio files in it, then just saving them as an .ogg file

hope this helps

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
Additionally, .mp3 files work just fine for music, which is weird.

As far as I am aware rpg maker only supports audio in midi or .ogg format, perhaps try converting your audio files into .ogg files and see if it works then?

@SICKfudge: XP and VX support .MP3 and .wav as well. Pretty sure VXA does it too.

@MAXinsanity: I don't know which version of RPG Maker you are using but you shouldn't have any trouble using .wav with VX or XP. For VXace, I can't seem to find the supported file formats anywhere but what I did find is many people recommending others to use .ogg for loading speed. So if possible, try .ogg instead of .wav and see what it gives. If the version you have does not play the .ogg files you made it sure is a problem with Sequel 3.

As blonde as can be!!!
Doesn't mean I'm the dumb one...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
Try copying the system .wavs into a folder and see if they work.