RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Challenge 2 - The WOW-Factor!

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

The WOW-Factor!

The Rules of The Challenge are as follows:
  • The Guilds each must create a demo of what they feel is their coolest damn feature.
  • The feature must be in the final game, more or less as presented (though polish is allowed).
  • The Challenge must be submitted by Saturday, August 11th, at 11:59pm EST

I don't have a prize for this one, but if anyone wants to toss one in I'd put it here.

Judgement Rules
  • Judge each demo based on how cool the feature is
  • Judge each demo based on how well the feature works
  • Judge each demo based on how original it is
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 12:50:54 PM by NAMKCOR »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
maybe the price is spying on other team lol... (it just a joke)
how about a advantage and disadvantage on game development like other team must stop working on their game until a certain time limit reached. or some teammate from other team will be temporary transfer and work on other teammate or some music composer will provide some free to use music for the team project?
it just a suggestion.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I'll ready the time machines.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Saturday, August 4th, at 11:50pm EST
Your deadlines are freaking ridiculous.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
yeah it already done!!! today is august 8.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

I copy and pasted at like midnight, tired as all hell, sorry.

maybe the price is spying on other team lol... (it just a joke)
how about a advantage and disadvantage on game development like other team must stop working on their game until a certain time limit reached. or some teammate from other team will be temporary transfer and work on other teammate or some music composer will provide some free to use music for the team project?
it just a suggestion.

Not going to happen, maybe if the teams were larger, or we had more of them, but I don't think the guilds need any more disadvantages at this point.

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
We've only been given three days to make this feature and build a demo?  Thought we'd have had more time.

Gunna have to get to work o_o

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
We've only been given three days to make this feature and build a demo?  Thought we'd have had more time.

Gunna have to get to work o_o

It's week two, features should have been getting worked on last week, it's not my fault if that didn't happen.  These are Challenges, I can't cater to the lowest common denominator.

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
o.O...All I was saying was that I expected we'd have more than three days, wasn't complainin' or anythin', chill o.o

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
It's exactly the same time frame as the last challenge, and it's been in the rules from the beginning.

I ain't even mad, I just feel like you're not paying attention.

Also 4 full days ( Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat ).

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Since I'm not the guild leader and haven't submitted anything yet, I'm unsure how the process is actually done, and have no one else to ask.  Do I just PM you a link to a thread on our private forums, or a link of the demo directly or [something else]?

I'll hand it in closer to the time, in case there's any changes to be made to it or I come up with something to add to it, but just asking now to make sure.  Cheers.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Yes, give it to me.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
The only thing I can think of as a prize for winning this challenge without disadvantaging any of the guilds is for the winning guild to be able to see what feature the other guilds committed for this weeks challenge.

It doesn't hurt to know some features, nothing beyond that though.
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3