RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED]Safe Combo

Rep:
Level 86
I was wondering How can I set up a Safe combination for a safe, I am trieng to set up a FFVII thing(when you go into the mansion where sepheroth went loco and you explore around to find digits that are the combination for the safe) anyway I want to make a safe with a specific combination. Naturally if you enter the right combo you get the contents and if you enter the wrong combo you get a buzzer sound. Can anyone help me make this type of event?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 02:43:41 AM by BloodyChaos »

Rep:
Level 70
RMRK Junior
Lol
this on is pretty easy
just make an event(the safe)
and put the message : try to open?
put a choice:

no
do nothing

yes
     inside yes u put a imput number(the number of digits u want and choose a variable to guard it)
       the a simple condition if variable = the password u wanted then play a SE(sound effect) opening
       and give the player whatever u want then a local switch a on
       make a new page (local switch a on) with only a msg: empty....
     this conditon will be marked with an else
       inside this else u  will put the buzzer SE u want

and if u want u can set the variable used for the code = 0 to make the imput reset(if u doesnt do that it will remember the password u tried)
thats it

its possible to make a more complex code that will renew the code every x errors
to make it just change the condition to a new variable(instead of a set number)
and inside the else u will make another variable(making it a total of 3 : 1- the player imput. 2- the safe code. 3-the error chances)
inside the else u will make this last variable +1
at the end u will put another condition
if error chances >= 3(if u want it to change every 3 times)
then change variable safe code a new random number between 0-the last number u want(exemple if its a 3 number code it will be 999)
then
a massage and a SE to inform the player the code changed
reset the error chances variable to = 0
and finish the safe

also if u want to put a really difficult code for the player (like a 5-8 number code) and put the answer at the end of a dungeon(or something)
u can show any variable in a message by using the \v[n]
where n is the number of the variable(like the first variable is 1 the second 2 the third 3 and so on and so forth in other words its the number before the name of the variable)

hope it helped
oh yeah u should check some variable tutorials
pretty much any variable tutorial from the 2k to the rmvxa will make u get a hold of it(there is little diference between each edition as far as i know....plz someone correct me if im mistaken)
"To the scientist there is the joy in pursuing truth which nearly counteracts the depressing revelations of truth."
H. P. Lovecraft

Rep:
Level 86
actually I just figured it out. was pretty easy I did a variable called 789 and did a 3 digit number input then made a conditional branch with a variable of 789 equal to constant 789 and it worked perfect. if i put the wrong combo in nothing happens if i put in 789 then the conditional branch opens and plays the conditional branch. I'm starting to get variables a little bit lol thank you again though if it wernt for your help I couldnt begin to understand variables.

Rep:
Level 70
RMRK Junior
Thats the way, variables are really easy to use, but ALMOST every time, u will be
forced to use conditional branch (because they work beter then the event page verification)
by the way did u found the 2 secret locationm on the "demo" i sent u? there are 2, 1 in each map
have fun looking (if u didnt found them yet)
"To the scientist there is the joy in pursuing truth which nearly counteracts the depressing revelations of truth."
H. P. Lovecraft

Rep:
Level 86
i found one at the bottem of the screen. ill have to play again to find the second