RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX][REQUEST] Weapon Mastery Script ~ Character Stats for Weapons

Rep:
Level 57
Everything about Rendered Fate
Character Weapon Mastery Script

7/27/12

Summary

Weapon Mastery is not as apt as it should be. What I want this script to do is allow for character to have stats that modify the damage output, accuracy, defense, evade, or even crit rate based on what weapon they use. The script can co-incide with wepon type scripts that have been produced [thank you kindly MA], allowing for easier access to the different abilities you can get. It can even grant the character skills based on how high the stat is.

How it could work is that the character starts with masteries of the weapons he can equip, but starting at 0. As the character levels up or class changes, he can earn points to assign to these masteries, increasing their value. The masteries will only work if the character has the weapon type accociated with it equipped. Once the mastery has capped [which is based upon the maker], new masteries unlock for that weapon, allowing for additional customization by improving other base stats included in the game, or a mastery that allows for skills to be learned based upon that mastery.

Features Desired

• Offer a new range of stats for each character.
  • Increase certain stats based on whether or not the character has the weapon of that mastery equipped.
  • Allow skills to be learned or upgraded based on mastery.
  • Assign masteries to characters who use specific weapons.
  • Improved customization based on how many points you recieve.
  • Allow for a sort of stat tree for further customization.

Mockups

Games its been in

• 9Dragons

Did you search?
Yes

Where did you search?
  • rmrk.net
  • google.com
  • rpgrpgrevolution.com

What did you search for?
  • weapon mastery
  • weapon stat
  • weapon mastery script

It may have been a while since I posted anything, so I apologize in advance if I was lurking, but hopefully I can reverse the situation a little bit.

Modern, Pac, if you are viewing this, and wish to help, I'll glady accept any kind of response.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 05:58:35 PM by Revtattertot »
Link to my game is here.
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,45507.0.html
Feedback will be nice to get, constructive or otherwise.