RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
More Enemy Stats[VX]

Rep:
Level 75
What the...?
I have a script in my project which adds new parameters to actors.   This script basically makes it so that Actors can equip weapons/armor and these new parameters will be changed accordingly.   

Yet, the problem I'm having is that I want some ENEMIES to have these same values.

So, I need a script which can add a new table of variables to the enemies.  Preferably, these new variables could be strings or integers.  But one with just integers would work, as well.   I don't have to be able to use RegExp in order to attain these new stat variables, as long as I can adjust them through a script call in the editor.

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 04:49:00 PM by IXFURU »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
For what maker is this request? XP, VX, or VXA?

Also, I am confused. How do these additional stats affect gameplay? The player can't see enemy stats and so whether these enemies have the stats or not won't make any difference unless they modify some other aspect of gameplay. If they do modify gameplay, I think the scripter would need to know how in order to write the script. In other words, a scripter needs to see the script you're using.

Rep:
Level 75
What the...?
MA,

First off.  Sorry it was put in the wrong forum.

This is the script I'm using, written by ZETU:

Spoiler for:
Code: [Select]
# ==============================================================================
#   Z26 : XParameters                                              Zetu Engine X
# ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#   To use this script, edit the STATS array to include all new parameters
#   needed.  These stats can hold strings (If edited in an Event) as long as
#   that stat is NOT listed in 'actor_level_formulas'.
# ==============================================================================

# =========================================================================
   #   Syntax:
   #   (Game_Battler).xstats.(STAT) => Stat of the Actor
   #   Regexp (In equipment note)
   #   <stat var: X Y> => Increases stat X by Y amount.

#   Examples
   #   $game_party.members[0].xstats.char   #=> Party leader's char
   #   $game_actors[3].xstats.dex += 3      #=> Adds 3 to Actor ID 3's dex

#==============================================================================#
#                     ZETU'S XSTAT PARAMETERS                                  #
#                       By: Zetu                                                         #
#==============================================================================#

module Z26
  STATS = ['age', 'tx', 'rng', 'str', 'spd', 'prof', 'save', 'skl', 'ac', 'char',
  'kick', 'punch', 'physbon', 'attsplbon', 'healsplbon', 'mglv', 'sklv', 'mgu',
  'sku', 'mcred', 'mxwgt', 'curwgt', 'physr', 'mr', 'fr', 'er', 'war', 'wir',
  'stmr', 'dr', 'lr', 'bldr', 'hvyr', 'projr', 'pr', 'imbind', 'imcom',
  'imcond', 'imsub', 'imshape', 'imfire', 'imearth', 'imwater', 'imwind',
  'imstorm', 'imdark', 'imlight', 'impoison', 'imhvy', 'imbld', 'improj', 'imconf', 
  'imburn', 'imshock', 'imdrown', 'climb', 'swim', 'crush', 'jump', 'pkup', 'canmove',
  'canatt', 'twa', 'ta', 'thra', 'tm', 'hassummon', 'hascomm', 'isbind',
  'iscond', 'iscom', 'istrap', 'issub', 'isshape', 'ispoison', 'isconf',
  'isdrown', 'isshock', 'isburn', 'poisonrds', 'shaperds', 'condrds',
  'summonrds', 'hascommandrds', 'commandrds', 'bindrds', 'traprds', 'subrds',
  'burnrds' 'drownrds', 'shockrds', 'traprds', 'trapisdeath', 'subisdeath',
  'poisonisdeath', 'shapeisdeath', 'commandisdeath', 'condisdeath', 'confisdeath',
  'confrds', 'bindisdeath', 'conddam', 'poisdam', 'comdam', 'binddam',
  'trapdam', 'confdam', 'shapedam', 'burndam', 'shockdam', 'drowndam',
  'traphascond', 'subhascond', 'confhascond', 'poishascond', 'shockhascond',
  'burnhascond', 'drownhascond', 'comhascond', 'bindhascond', 'haseffect', 'effid',
  'effrds', 'travdamr', 'travdam', 'deadrds', 'lasttownmap', 'condid', 'deaths',
  'slantwalk', 'pointflight', 'score', 'battlekills', 'secretsfound', 'youthelixir',
  'totaldamagedealt', 'totaldamagetaken', 'isobscure', 'morphlevel', 'chhgt', 'chwgt',
  'size', 'sizerds', 'issize', 'sizeisdeath', 'sizehascond', 'sizedam', 'oldage',
  'isold', 'isreading', 'cantransfer', 'canmenu', 'canclimb', 'canswim', 'canjump',
  'teleporting', 'flying', 'digging', 'canmoveonland'] #All Lowercase.  No Symbols or Spaces

REGEXP = /<stat[ ]*var[: ]+(.*)[ ]+(\d+)>/i
  #==================do not edit below==========================================
  SYMBOLS = []
  for stat in STATS
    SYMBOLS.push(eval(':'+stat))
  end
  Xstats = Struct.new(*SYMBOLS)

end

class Game_Actor < Game_Battler
  attr_accessor :xstats

alias z26_s setup unless $@
  def setup(actor_id)
    z26_s(actor_id)
    @xstats = Z26::Xstats.new(*([0]*Z26::STATS.size))
    for item in equips.compact
      z26variate_equip(item)
    end
    for stat in Z26::STATS
      z26variate_stats(stat, @level)
    end
  end

alias z26_change_equip change_equip
  def change_equip(equip_type, item, test = false)
    last_item = equips[equip_type]
    z26_change_equip(equip_type, item, test)
    z26variate_equip(item)
    z26variate_equip(last_item, false)
  end

def z26variate_equip(item, adding = true)
    return if item.nil?
    for line in item.note.split(/[\r\n]+/).each{ |a|
      case a
      when /<weapon[ ]var:[ ](.*)[ ](\d+)>/i
        if Z26::STATS.include?($1)
          if adding
            eval("@xstats.#{$1} += #{$2}")
          else
            eval("@xstats.#{$1} -= #{$2}")
          end
        end
      end
      }
    end
  end

end

Anyway, yes, the new enemy variables will affect gameplay in a variety of different ways.  It's all part of a system I'm trying to event wherein the player fights battles from the map scene and can use other skills that require looking at these new enemy parameters.  I tried to copy/paste/edit the script here to affect enemies, but the script allows for the player to equip items and the given equipment affects their new variables/stats.   Since the enemy doesn't have this power, the script needs to be a little different.

All I'm really asking for is some sort of new Enemy  Array of variables which can be modified with script calls using the editor.  When needed, I can then load these values into $game_variables.   I.E:  $game_variable[2] = enemy_stats.newstat

Something like that.  When I tried to do the copy/paste/edit from the original actor-based script, I also deleted the level-up part and the equip parts.  (Because enemies can't do that.)   I was then left with just the array STATS.  At that point, I received an error saying that the array needed to be filled with actual variables and not strings, which made sense, since I wasn't going to be using it in any sort of RegExp.   However, when I converted them over to variables, it said they hadn't been initialized.  This also made sense.  That's where I got kind of stumped.  I was going to just add the variables and initialize them at the same time, for instance:   STATS='newstat=0', but as they are part of a constant in the module, I believe that will make it so I can't access and change them later.  Another problem arose when I tried to link them to the enemy itself.  Without coming up with a note tag system to scan for new parameters, I was unable to come up with the solution.  So, as a last ditch effort, I tried to summon the expertise of the greater minds of RMVX.

Oh yeah, and VX is the system it's for. 

And this is the botched attempt at converting the script to handle enemies:

Spoiler for:
Code: [Select]
#                     IXFURU'S FSTAT PARAMETERS                                  #
#                       By: Ixfuru/Zetu                                                        #

module IX1
  STATS = [tx, rng, str, spd, prof, save, skl, ac,
  physr, mr, fr, er, war, wir, stmr, dr, lr, bldr, hvyr, projr, pr, imbind,
  imcom, imcond, imsub, imshape, imfire, imearth, imwater, imwind, imstorm,
  imdark, imlight, impoison, imhvy, imbld, improj, imconf, imburn, imshock,
  imdrown, climb, swim, crush, jump, pkup, canmove, canattack, atx, mvx, hassummon,
  hascomm, isbind, iscond, iscom, istrap, issub, isshape, ispoison, isconf, isdrown,
  isshock, isburn, poisonrds, shaperds, condrds, summonrds, hascommandrds, commandrds,
  bindrds, traprds, subrds, burnrds, drownrds, shockrds, traprds, trapisdeath,
  subisdeath, poisonisdeath, shapeisdeath, commandisdeath, condisdeath, confisdeath,
  confrds, bindisdeath, conddam, poisdam, comdam, binddam, trapdam, confdam, shapedam,
  burndam, shockdam, drowndam, traphascond, subhascond, confhascond, poishascond,
  shockhascond, burnhascond, drownhascond, comhascond, bindhascond, haseffect, effrds,
  travdamr, travdam, deadrds, size, sizerds, issize, sizeisdeath, sizehascond,
  sizedam, cantransfer, canmenu, canclimb, canswim, canjump, teleporting, flying,
  digging, canmoveonland]
   #All Lowercase.  No Symbols or Spaces

#==================do not edit below==========================================
  Fstats = Struct.new(*STATS)

class Nq_Foe < Game_Enemy

attr_accessor :fstats

alias ix_s setup unless $@
  def setup(enemy_id)
    ix1_s(enemy_id)
    @fstats = IX1::Fstats.new(*([0]*IX1::STATS.size))
  end

end