RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA] [Requested] Enemy's Health Bar request!

Rep: +0/-0Level 56
RMRK Junior
Hey, I m looking for a HP Bar that's not Ventwig or Yanfly since Yanfly isn't compatible with my battle engine and Ventwig is not preference.
Thank you for your time and consideration.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
If you are having trouble with scripts not being compatible with your battle engine, then it would be helpful to identify your battle engine and provide a link. Otherwise, someone could take the request and end up just writing another script that isn't compatible.

RMRK Junior
Sorry about that, I m currently using the Z-System by Zetu and most of the scripts that I've been using comes in conflict with the Z-System which basically shows an alternative sources for skills as oppose to mana. The Z-System basically shows Mana, Rage, Energy, Focus, and Heat. Certain scripts apparently overwrites that only displaying Mana as oppose to the one mention above which really aggravates me. So if you can find a solution to my problem I would very much appreciate it I been having this problem for about a week since I start using VXA. I didn't like Ventwig HP Bar only because the combat txts keeps overlapping the enemies hp bar during battle and its annoying. If you can help me I would really appreciate it!! Thank you for your time and consideration.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I don't know what those scripts are, so please give links. I would need to see the script.

Z Systems is the name of a series of scripts, but it sounds like you are referring to: Alternate MP X?

Anyway, I don't know if there is a solution in the abstract for other scripts not drawing the alternate MP. As it is, the script overwrites the Window_Base method, so that is a good step, but there is no standard method for drawing mp on sprites, so any script which is drawing MP on sprites would have to write a new method specifically to do that. It would be impossible for Zetu or any other scripter to anticipate and accomodate for every script that might be written in the future. The offending scripts need to be identified, and then a compatibility patch can be written.

Anyway, I'm not really sure how that is supposed to interact with your request. Do you not just want to show the Enemy's HP with a bar but also its various forms of MP?

RMRK Junior
Yes, I m using Alternate MP X and I just want an Hp bar system like Yanfly so that when I target them the Hp bar shows up as opposed to Ventwig where its just on the screen. I didn't like it because the combat txts keeps overlapping the hp bar. I don't care about it showing the mana of the enemies for now I just want a simple one thats show Hp bar when targeting.

Rep:
Level 97
And you've tried just putting the AMPX script below Ace Battle Engine in the Script Editor and it doesn't work?

RMRK Junior
Nope it doesn't work I just tried it.

Rep:
Level 97
Alright, well try putting this snippet below both:

Code: [Select]
class Window_BattleStatus
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Overwrite method: draw_actor_mp
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  def draw_actor_mp(actor, x, y, width=124)
  if actor.resources.nil?
  actor.setup(actor.id)
  end
    width /= actor.resources.size
    offset = width
    if actor.resources.size != 1
      offset += 2
      width -= 1
    end
    for i in 0...actor.resources.size
      draw_actor_ampx(actor.resources[i], x+offset*i, y, width)
    end
  end
end

RMRK Junior
Once again dude you just saved the day. Thank you!