RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Battle Hud Request [VXA]

Rep: +0/-0Level 56
RMRK Junior
Hey guys I m fairly new to this site. In fact I just started today. Anyways I m looking for a script that can make my battle command menu transparent or better yet I rather not have the windows and boxes I rather have it just display text for my battle commands. Please reply whether or not this is capable. Thank you for your time and consideration.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 05:21:46 PM by Aznkid367 »

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
It's like the rules aren't even there.
6. Use tags
In the name of your script request, you must identify which maker you are using. This can be done with any of the following tags:

[XP]
[VX]
[VXA]

This is not difficult. Please do it, it saves confusion.

In other words, what maker are you using?

And in any case, it is very possible, and quite simple.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

RMRK Junior
Hey thanks for replying, I m currently using VXA

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
As with your other request, it would be helpful to know what battle system you are using since it may have different windows than the default battle system, and knowing which windows to make transparent is useful to craft the most appropriate solution. Also, you need to be more specific with which windows. Typically, if you refer to a command window in a script, a scripter would understand that to mean instances of Window_Command or instances of any subclasses of Window_Command. In the DBS, the window where you choose to fight or escape and the window where you choose to attack, defend, guard, etc.. are the only "command" windows in the technical sense. But if you actually meant to include other windows in the scene, like the item selection, skill selection, status (the one that shows HP etc. of actors), etc., then you need to be more specific. I would recommend that you:

(a) tell us what battle system you are using; and
(b) specifically list every window that you want to be transparent and every window that you don't. Use pictures pointing out the windows if necessary.

The following snippet is an unoptimized way of making every Command Window (in the technical sense) in the scene transparent.

Code: [Select]
class Window_Command
  alias ma_aznkid_inizcmnd_3hk9 initialize
  def initialize(*args, &block)
    ma_aznkid_inizcmnd_3hk9(*args, &block)
    self.opacity = 0 if SceneManager.scene_is?(Scene_Battle)
  end
end

To make a script that is more optimized (alters only the windows actually used in Scene_Battle) or which responds to your actual request (if you didn't mean command windows in the technical sense), I would need the information requested above.

RMRK Junior
Hi I m currently using Simple Sideview Battle system by Jet and I also used Z-System by Zetu. I m trying get the window where it shows the party Hp and Mana to be transparent. Well pretty much all the windows during battle to be transparent so that the boxes and window don't block the background. If you can do this I would very much appreciate it. I also got a couple of questions that you probably could answer.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
If you want all windows to be transparent, then the following code would probably work:

Code: [Select]
class Window_Base
  alias ma_aznkid_iniz_3hk9 initialize
  def initialize(*args, &block)
    ma_aznkid_iniz_3hk9(*args, &block)
    self.opacity = 0 if SceneManager.scene_is?(Scene_Battle)
  end
end

Just paste it into its own slot in the Script Editor, above Main but below Materials.

You can change the 0 in the third last line to anything between 0 and 255 to get varying degrees of opacity if you're not happy with fully transparent.

RMRK Junior
^Thank you dude  :) you're the first person that ever helped me in this forum much props to you man!

RMRK Junior
Ohh and just a simple question when I go to use my skill the skill are displayed on top and it overlap the enemies hp bar .. is there away to put down and display where the battle commands are?

RMRK Junior
Here's the image of the problem

Rep:
Level 97
Yes, it would be possible. Have you checked out Yanfly's Ace Battle Engine? It already does that for items and skill selection, and it has an add on to show Enemy HP bars. Is it just the AMPX script that is stopping you? Because if you like everything else about Yanfly's battle system, then it might be easier to adapt the AMPX to Yanfly's battle system than it is to port all the features from Yanfly's battle system into the DBS.

RMRK Junior
Yes I checked out Yanfly's Ace Battle Engine and I love it. but it just not compatible with my Alternate Resource MP X script it wont show rage and etc's it just shows Tp and mana. Yanfly scripts would actually works the very best for me only if it was compatible with my Alternate Resource MP X