RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA] Help with normal battles [Resolved]

Rep:
Level 66
Haven't been on for ages -.-
Man i am seriously a noob. Recently got VXA and i decided to wipe out everything so i can start from scratch. Not the scripts though. Anyhow when i initiate a battle, i try to attack a monster but it just says 'Blah did not ask!' how can i fix this! Please help me, i got the monster to attack me but i can't attack it. Could someone please help me, i would gladly appreciate anything.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 12:56:48 AM by IneedHELP! »

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
Do NOT delete skills 1-7. The attack command uses skill #1 and guard uses #2. Also, you need to give every actor(or class) and enemy a hit rate too.

Rep:
Level 66
kay, thanks for the tip! thanks alot! :tpg:

Rep:
Level 66
Ok now that that is working, there is no new problem :'(.
When i finish the battle, i put gold and exp on my monster but at the end it says,

Script 'Battle Manager' line 318: Argument error occurred,
too few arguments.

I have never experienced this problem before. Sorry for the trouble!
THANKS IN ADVANCE

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
I don't know anything about scripts unfortunately, but:
Code: [Select]
      text = sprintf(Vocab::ObtainGold, $game_troop.gold_total)
It should be that. It is in mine.
Looks like something to do with actually rendering the amount of gold found in the victory text
From the Help File:
ArgumentError
Thrown when argument numbers do not match or when the values are incorrect.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
That line of code is asking for your gold input from monsters and your ObtainGold string.

The string of your gold obtain is entered in your Vocab script

if it doesn't look like that, then make it so.

The gold input is where you set-up your monsters

You should check on these first, if it's not the problem then you may be experiencing a bad script.
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 66
Thanks both, especially D&P3, you made me look back at the vocab which i translated and it looks like i translated it wrong :P
THANK YOU ALL!