RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA] Day/Night with controls

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
I'm looking for a day/night script that can be controlled via events and have things linked to us (such as "if the time is Xpm, then [whatever] happens" in conditionals, script calls etc) as well as the ability to control or change the time.

I'm using V.M of D.Ts daynight script right now, but it has no functionality, even the instructions he gives within the script don't work without causing errors, so the only customiseable thing about it is what time the game starts at, which is not conductive at all to what I'm aiming for; I want more control over the time in the game because it's relevant, but I can't find scripts for this *anywhere*, they just don't seem to exist for VXA D:!

Any help, as always, greatly appreciated!

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
I could use this in my project as well. I have a couple of night scenes...

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
You could do that with eventing.

Using a common event which is set to a wait command lasting however long you wish for an hour in your game to be, then setting a variable to equal a number on a 24 hour clock.

Using that same variable, you now have time; you could use another common event to check what time it currently is on that variable and adjust the screen tint accordingly.

If you want control over the time of day specifically, I suppose you could set 'Q' and 'R' to change the variable an hour ahead or behind respectively.
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3