RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
NOOB

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Queen of RMRK2013 Best Counsel2013 Kindest Member2013 Most Mature MemberBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Kindest Member2012 Best Counselluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
Yes, yes I am. Now that we have that out of the way, I need help. 

I need windows XP support pack 3.  Yes I googled it. My dad's computer needs updated and he has dial-up. On top of that when I tried downloading it it kept giving me some sort of error that I can not remember right now >_<  Something about a server error?  Lord my brain is shot, I have been at his house fooling with this for a couple of hours now.

So yeah, that's why I need.  Help? 

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Service pack 3? What does he need that for? I'm guessing there's software that run without it maybe, but I dunno.

The only way I know to get it is through Windows Update or from Microsoft's website. There's probably some mirrors, but I don't know why you'd use any of them.

Having the error would help. It might be that the connection is timing out because his internet is very bad. Just download it at home and take it over to his place if you have to.

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Queen of RMRK2013 Best Counsel2013 Kindest Member2013 Most Mature MemberBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Kindest Member2012 Best Counselluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
I think it is the internet.  I can't remember what the exact error is right now, and I'm not there.  He needs it because he bought a new printer, and when we tried to install it the installation disc wouldn't load because he didn't have support pack 3.  Which is stupid I think but whatever.  Also yes, service pack**

At any rate Strike helped me so I'm good now.  But thank you for helping too mister <3  :)