RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED] Big Help Needed ;~;

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Okay, so I went to dust the inside of my computer last night, but now it doesn't even turn on ._. I thought I'd just wait it out and see what happens and went to sleep, but it still doesn't work ._. Any possible fix or is it just completely fried now? I'm looking things up and testing it as I go ._.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 05:28:02 AM by Ploopy »

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
make sure everything is connected properly, including parts inside PC.

does it make any beeping sounds when you try to start it or does it not start at all?

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Everything is connected properly to the extent of my knowledge, and when I try to start it up, nothing at all happens. No lights, no sounds, etc. I feel like something might be wrong with the PSU, but I kinda doubt it as not much was done to it and maybe my MoBo got fucked up by the duster instead.

I'll try double-checking all connections though.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
disconnect everything, put back in place. essentially rebuild it .-.

i'm assuming it's your mobo though

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I'll try @_@ Worst family for a PC user, though. Not a single other person in my house uses a PC, let alone one with a compatible mobo for my parts. I want to buy another, but I'm not even sure it's the problem @_@

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Is it plugged in? As long as the mobo has power flowing into it the PC should do something. Check/examine your PSU closely, and all power cables that go into it and out from it.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Did you switch it off on the back of the PSU?

I did that once, 3 days of trouble shooting later, and it was just i hit that switch when moving the damn thing.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Yeah, it's actually "on" even though it doesn't work.

Anyways, my mom lent me her laptop to use considering she's out for most of the day and I use it after she sleeps, and my friends wanted to play League of Legends together. I used a separate monitor, keyboard, and mouse to kinda make a fake desktop. It also turned out that running Skype and League was probably too much for it so it overheated.

Behold the solution:
Spoiler for:

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
FIXED It was a faulty PSU. Sad that this is my third PSU, but AT LEAST IT'S FIXED. :) I'm so glad.