RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Skills from Variabled Item/Skill/Equip Use

Rep: +0/-0Level 60
RMRK Junior
<Skills from Variabled Item/Skill/Equip Use>
<June 11, 2012>

Summary
Hi. I'm looking for a script or a modification to an existing one that would have the effect of teaching skills depending on if a player has used an item, skill, or equip for a certain duration or number of times. Essentially making it so that if you used say, potion 100 times, or chose the Fight command 100 times while having a Fire Sword equipped, you would learn Heal or Fire Attack respectively. If possible I'd like this to also extend towards armors, but I'd consider that a secondary goal.

Features Desired
  • Works in and out of combat (and is compatible with SBS Tankentai 3.4)
  • Use of items or Fight command while equipped with defined items adds to a variable, like "AP"
  • When AP for that skill reaches a defined point, skills are taught to all party members where applicable.
  • Player is notified of their having learned a new skill
  • Item useage out of battle adds to variable without closing menu. I've been informed to try using common events to get a similar effect, but that only works for items and is not what I am looking for stylistically. (and is compatable with KGC Custom Menu and KGC Categorize Items)

Games its been in
  • Final Fantasy 9
  • Lost Odyssey

Did you search?
Yes

Where did you search?
  • RPGMakerVX.net
  • RMRK.net

What did you search for?
  • item skills
  • script skills
  • equip skills