RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Battle Tutorial - Auto-Play

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Y <3 ?
Silver - GIAW 11 (Normal)
I've seen other games do this and I was trying hard to figure out how to do it myself, but try as I might, I keep getting my first page to loop and it wont go to the next page even though I have a trigger placed in there to force it.

What I'm trying to do is create a Battle scene under 'Troops' in the Database, this scene is to be used for my Tutorial I've made for the players to go through to learn how to use the battling system if they so choose to do so in the game. I have the page set up as follows:

Page 1:

>.< IGNORE the verbiage up there please... You would have to of played the game to understand the whole scene going on here....  :-[

Page 2:

Now, when I run it, all it does is repeat page 1, it doesn't even recognize that I have a switch in there to force it to change to Page 2.

<--Repeated again... :/

Can someone either help walk me through this, or explain what I'm doing wrong, or point me to somewhere that already has an explanation of how to do this properly so I can learn? I have used Google and Bing to try and find forums to explain this to me, YouTube footage to show it to me, but there just doesn't seem to be anything out there - or I'm just having really bad luck on finding it. -.-

I really appreciate this everyone! ^.^
"If you see it, it is not truly there. If you dream it, it will never appear when you waken. If you love it, it will never leave you. Love him... Though he is not real and though you may never see him when you awaken tomorrow." ~ Sorceress of Gaida, Quote from: Eriscadia - The Fall of Nations
http://rpgmaker.net/games/1352/

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
You've set up the first page to do the event the 'Moment' it is Turn No. 0

You want to change the span to 'Battle'

'Moment' loops around the events and will continue to do those events as long as the conditions are met, meaning that it is always going to be Turn No. 0, because it won't loop out of it.

Whereas 'Battle' tells it to only do those events once and once only for the entire battle.

The event pages of the troops don't work the same as the event pages for maps.
In battle, Each and every page is processed, so even though you are forcing a switch and trying to make it swap to the next page.
It's still going to process the first one indefinitely.

Now when it comes to the second page, it's going to do that once every turn, since you have the event switch on (meaning that it's conditions will be met), but luckily this will only happen once per turn.

If you don't want the guard lady to continually say great job every turn, you'll need to swap that to battle as well.

If you're still stuck, I'm here to help :)
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Y <3 ?
Silver - GIAW 11 (Normal)
If you're still stuck, I'm here to help :)

Oh my gosh... You have no idea what your getting yourself into by saying that! (Jk, jk!) ^u^

Thank you very much! I'll give this a try right now and update this to let you know how it went! d(^.^)b

EDIT:

This worked perfectly! Thank you so, so, SO much! :D
I know have a battle tutorial! :)    ;D
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 05:58:21 AM by kitten2021 »
"If you see it, it is not truly there. If you dream it, it will never appear when you waken. If you love it, it will never leave you. Love him... Though he is not real and though you may never see him when you awaken tomorrow." ~ Sorceress of Gaida, Quote from: Eriscadia - The Fall of Nations
http://rpgmaker.net/games/1352/