RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED] ty :) (transparency colour selection)

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
I've been out of the game for a while so a lot of old problems are creeping up again.

The one right now is that I am saving .png on Paint.Net and after getting the dithering levels to 0 and setting the saves to 8-bit depths I'm managing to get the files imported into the software, but it's seeing black as the "transpoarent colour".  I read that when you save a file, it reads the first colour in the palette as the transparent colour which is why black would be chosen.  I went into the palette save folder and changed the colour from FF00000 to the code for the same green background that the RTP has and resaved the images, but upon import it was yet again viewing black as the transparent colour, and by now all the RTP is coming up as such as well and I've no idea how to even get the original files back to normal much less save new files for that.  I had to just delete all the broken files and replace them with the original RTP.

Kind of annoying though, because if I can't seem to get a file saved in a way that RM can read it then I'll never be able to use any other images :(
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 04:31:24 PM by Brady »

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Erm, I don't know where you read that part about the first color being chosen as transparent. You yourself pick the color to be used as transparency when importing images into 2k3... When the file preview opens up after you freshly import an image, click with your cursor on the color you want to be transparent. This is a very common issue people new to the makers face, read up on the help files and various tutorials before you reach out further.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
O:.....

I've no idea how I've never known that before.  Must never really have looked that far before as this was one of those problems that kinda just fixed itself after a while (imagine I accidentally clicked and never realised)

Either way, thanks for that :)