RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Dance of the Immortals [Now VXA!]

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
    (I have a "New Projects" thread here to give extra details towards this game, for the sake of keeping the recruitment thread succinct and pretty)

Any and all details are on the main thread in the projects boards.  I'm keeping that updated with all new infos and details, including the new Alpha Demo.  This thread will be specifically about the recruitment and no details.

I especially need help with this now, as I'm new to the VX software and will spend much of my time relearning the updated version before I can get fully started to catch back up to my 2K3 progress!

Recruitment

I'd like this to be a team effort.  Hindsight has taught me that trying to do everything on my own will inevitably lead to a failed project.  Since the game is being driven by story, I'd like to manage that instead of getting absorbed into graphics like I usually do, so I'll be working story and events mainly.
    The list might be changed or updated depending on what needs are required.  Right now the important issue is tileset and sprite artists.

Also, I should note that any contributions are welcomed greatly and credits will be given where due; I am happy to accept one-off assistance if you don't want to become part of a team towards the game and would rather help briefly.

That said, who am I looking for?
    Spoiler for Who I'm looking for!:
    • Artist Champions: Sprite creation and battle sprites.  I'm perfectly happy to have 8bit combat sprites (like so) and honestly prefer it, being old-fashioned and all.  Tileset art is also greatly welcomed.
    • Musical Knights: Musical back tracks and sound effects.  This is not essential as the RTP music is fairly good, but it'd be nice to have some fresh music.  This is down to availability more than anything.
    • Mapping SoldiersDesigning map layouts could be handy here and there, but a lot of maps will be specifically designed to suit the story.  Most mapping that'll be needing done will be of towns and villages.  As above, tileset creation is more important than map designing itself.
    • Events Chief: Anyone who's got a knack for throwing together events nicely would be great to have.  I was never phenomenal at eventing and now am particularly rusty, so for any interesting or clever events, this would be brilliant.  Proactive suggestions of any preferred events are more than welcome.
    • Contributing Troops: Any and all contributions of any kind are welcomed and will be considered highly; I can't do everything myself and who knows what might come of it? :)
    [/list]
    « Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 11:23:26 AM by Brady »

Rep:
    Level 57
    Miiiiaf =^+^=
    GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
    If you need help thinking, I'm your man... sorry, woman!  ^-^
    I don't have VXA or decent graphics material so I can't help on any of the other things you need.

As blonde as can be!!!
    Doesn't mean I'm the dumb one...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler for supporting!:

Bitch
    Rep:
    Level 87
    Bits'n'Pixels
    I'm still surprised VXA won't work with VX materials.  I'm slowly understanding the tilesets and from that I think I can get they won't work...but everything else should be able to, surely?

Any other ideas you have, just throw them at me, over here, or PM or even IM if you'd like.  Since I'm starting over fresh again I'm focussing less on appearance (I'm just going to use placeholder maps until I can find suitable tilesets) and a bit more on making things exciting, especially since now I have more options to do so! :D

I only had one puzzle in my demo and it was a bit of a bore, and is too early yet for the Pages to have any meaningful interaction, so I'm all ears for ploys and plans ^^

if you try & edit my custom title i will hack you
    Rep:
    Level 66
    Im PRO get used to it!
    If your looking for mappers i will help. But my internet acces is low so i won't have to much contact! I'm also a very good eventer being able to create a bank system and evil or good system or a house and city creation event made system! Just ask and i'll with what ever(im also good with plots and puzzles). ;)

Spoiler for projects:
    God of Darkness
    Devils nest
    Unnamed Games(2)
    The CREW experience

Bitch
    Rep:
    Level 87
    Bits'n'Pixels
    Feel free to drop me a PM of what you might have.  Puzzles are somethin' I'm short of right now, and I tend to get distracted from doin' them by the tilesets, so I could always use some interesting puzzle setups/events, for sure :D

Rep:
    Level 87
    Fanatic of hypothetical machines
    Are you still needing music for your game? I'm a composer, so if you are interested send me a PM.