RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Among the Sleep: Horror game from the point of a 2 year old.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
The point of the two year old is to just set up the story, I am guessing.

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
The point of the two year old is to just set up the story, I am guessing.

Oui. Its a representation of childhood fears and the helplessness of being that age. Makes it scarier knowing you are so small and helpless.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
i don't really understand how it would make it scarier, unless you're easily frightened

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
The only way it would be scarier is because I imagine there are limitations with being a 2 year old. Probably not all the limitations of a 2 year old will be in the game, though. I doubt your character will be forced to run away scared every time you see a monster, for example.

What Gracie said isn't what I was trying to say, just to be clear.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I thought the video was kind of scary just thinking about a two year old being in that position. It might be some maternal instinct, but I don't want to see a toddler wandering around pyramid head.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
This is just an assumption based on the video, so take it lightly. Looking at the way the player moves, I'm assuming that the 2 year old thing is a contrivance for the gameplay mechanics: A lot of hiding, being tiny, and something that I'm the most curious about, which is the crawling/walking thing. You can see parts where you're on all fours, and then get up on two legs for a bit, only to get back down on all fours again. This could go either way. If it is player controlled, then it could make for a little more varied gameplay. If, however, it is set up the way it seems, it could be really annoying. The way the video makes it look is that your natural state is crawling, but can briefly get up on your two legs to move a bit faster, and then after a set time passes, you fall back down to crawling. I don't know many two year olds that still crawl everywhere, so hopefully this isn't the way it will work. But if it is, it would be really annoying! Again, assumptions. Please don't take this as me writing the game off based on something that I inferred from a video clip.