RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA] Request: Simple Party Selection

Rep:
Level 70
Furry Et Al
There is one point in my game in which I need the party to be conformed of only two characters. It is a risky scene and if the party fails, the two characters are tossed in the dungeon. However, the player can try the event again with another party.

I tried using Tsukihime's scripts for party regroup and party management, but the problem with those is that it had two unintended side-effects: a) for some reason an after-image remained in between room transitions that faded a second after, and B) characters that were taken out of the party at one specific time through an event would stay on the map where that happened- which doesn't work for two scenes in which characters leave the party for good.

So what I basically need is a simple party chooser, It's going to be called up only during this portion of the story and in no other time, so I'd only need for it to happen on script calls. The player should be able to choose between available characters- and the characters that got caught will not be available, so I would need a way to mark characters as unavailable through script calls, and also select some characters as hidden and not show up in the selection screen through script calls, as I have four secret unlockable characters that are optional. Before the scenario happens I can make a common event that checks if one actor is in the party, and if he isn't then it performs the script call to set that character as 'hidden', and when the characters get captured they get tagged as 'unavailable' through the script event, and when they get rescued from the dungeon they become available again.

The scripts I am using are Victor's Animated Battlers and Yanfly's ACE combat system, with the compatibility patch for both--- I would use Yanfly's party system for this, but unfortunately Victor hasn't made Yanfly's party system compatible with his script, which is why I need to request this script. Any brave coders out there feel the desire to meet the challenge? :)