RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Lag: RMXP & RMVXAce

Rep: +0/-0Level 67
RMRK Junior
Hello there!

Being a faithful user of RMXP, I'm becoming upset at its tendency to easily lag, even with a good anti-lag script, some maps just makes the game choppy,
so I'd like to hear your opinons on the following question: which is less prone to lag: RMVXAce or RMXP?

Thank you.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 03:38:13 PM by termina »

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
If XP is lagging, you more than likely will have the same problem with the other two.  I know it is expensive but it is time to upgrade your computer.
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

Rep:
Level 62
RMRK Junior
I've haven't had much use with Ace yet, but I've heard that it handles event processing in such a way to greatly assist with lag. I don't know to what effect, but I haven't heard as many complaints against Ace as I've heard with other makers.

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
I agree with Lethrface. Maybe if you were to compress your data and ask other people to check out if the game lags, you may have already figured out that it most likely is your computer.
Some things that may help prevent or cure lag: (most likely to less likely)
- Check for virusses and spyware...
- Clean your hard-drive and/or do a defragmentation to regain some space.
- See if your graphics driver is up to date, otherwise update... (may want to check out sound drivers too)
- Do a video-test to see if your graphics-card is still working fine, otherwise replace.
- Do a mem-test to see if your memory is still working fine, otherwise replace.
- Do a speedcheck to see if your processor is still working fine, otherwise replace. Also, check if it doesn't get too hot as that may slow down processes a lot. If it gets really hot, replace the cooling with something more powerfull.

For hardware, you might want to consider replacing it anyway if you have a really old computer.
If none of the above resolved the lag, you should see if your power core is still working fine. If your computer doesn't get more than enough power, performance may go down a lot...

If this all doesn't solve your problem, you should try the tutorials to see which version of RM lags the least.

As blonde as can be!!!
Doesn't mean I'm the dumb one...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler for supporting!:

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
I've haven't had much use with Ace yet, but I've heard that it handles event processing in such a way to greatly assist with lag. I don't know to what effect, but I haven't heard as many complaints against Ace as I've heard with other makers.

The term "Results may vary" creeps up a lot in things like this, though.

At this point, it is best to give your system specs before a better informed guess can be given.  The problem most people have when it comes to lag is typically an out of date computer though. 

You can download the trial of VX Ace to see if it will be much better for you.  30 days of unlimited usage will give you the best answer to your question because as of right now, we can't answer your question.

And as an added note, the scripting for VX Ace games seems to be cleaner and more organized so it might have something to do with that that will reduce lag but honestly, I can't see it being much better than XP on some machines.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 06:11:48 PM by Lethrface »
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

Rep: +0/-0Level 67
RMRK Junior
thank you all for your answers! :)