RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Not mine but anothers! {VXA}

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
Everyone... Actually Everyone hates me :)
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/4105-transferevent-processing-while-in-vehicle/page__pid__36569#entry36569

OK this person came out with a very good point

Rmvx ace dis-allows the use of scripts while in a vehicle, My guess is an instance script would help achieve this goal, though i have no complete idea how to make one, so i ask this very kind but critically Emphasized community to help with this little quarrel.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 04:48:52 AM by crow5derlock »
Final Statement: I chowder5lock am a dipshit and MA is a pretty cool dude.

Rep:
Level 56
RMRK Junior
The inherent problem is that the default update_nonmoving method of Game_Player processes vehicle enter/exit code when enter is pressed, so it overrides event interaction.

If you simply overload that with code that processes a map transfer, you would no longer be able to get on and off vehicles.

What I would probably do is either hard code a one-off coordinate check into the vehicle exit script to see if the airship is above the crater on the appropriate map (which is a bit of a clunky and convoluted solution) or have a parallel process event checking the player coordinates on that map, and transfer the player to the crater map as soon as their X and Y is equal to the crater while they're riding the airship.

I'm sure one of the more experienced scripters will have an elegant solution. :P
It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff.