RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
'Star Trek' actor James Doohan's ashes sent to space

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
I'm not a star trek fan but I thought this was pretty interesting.  Hopefully soon they will transport more than just civilians' ashes into space.  I think the fact that so many other peoples ashes were sent out with the actor's ashes makes it a little less special but it's still pretty awesome that people who wanted that will finally get their wish.

http://thecelebritycafe.com/feature/2012/05/star-trek-actor-james-doohans-ashes-sent-space

Actor James Doohan, who was best known for playing Scotty on Star Trek, was granted his wish of having his ashes sent to space on Tuesday.

The actor died in 2005 at age 85.

However, an attempt to send his ashes into space proved unsuccessful in 2008.

Happily, Doohan and over 300 other deceased individuals had their cremated remains sent into orbit thanks to SpaceX’s unmanned Falcon 9 rocket, which launced from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida.

Other people whose ashes were sent to the stars include Gordon Cooper, who was one of the Mercury seven astronauts. He died in 2004.

Over 200 of those people, like Doohan, had previously unsuccessful attempts to get their ashes into space, which was mainly due to technical difficulties.

The rocket also carried food and supplies for the six people currently living in the International Space Station.

SpaceX is a private company under contract to NASA to take cargo to the station. Tuesday’s launch was the first indication that the company could fulfill its end of that contract. NASA has spent roughly $300 million to fund SpaceX under COTS, the Commercial Orbital Transportation System.

Plans to have the Falcon rocket carry astronauts are on the drawing board.
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Kindest Member2012 Best Counselluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
lol Holk, awesome.

This is pretty cool :o

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
What does morning even mean when you're in space???

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Because its Star Trek. They totally wouldn't even say "right," either. It would be nautical directions.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhuzjkE65f8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhuzjkE65f8</a>