RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Duskwind - Website online!

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
Duskwind
A Unikorn game!

Next demo will be coming up soon.
Might still take up to three weeks, depending on Pacman's try for my custom menu request.

>>> WEBSITE <<<

Story

Spoiler for story:
At the age of 16, you find yourself somewhere in a timeless place. There a spirit (who is in fact Asrii) will ask you some questions about your gender, name and race. From there, your story starts!

Asrii, the mother of all elements talks to you in Outerland and tells you that you are the legendary [your chosen name here]. Though, it felt like it was just a dream to you in the morning. Now, that is where the journey begins. In the beginning of the story, you'll just be a normal boy or girl, but you'll soon find out that somehow, people often don't notice you when you are standing in the shadow. And when you see an assassin kill your father and going after you, you'll see him running right past you when you stopped for air in the dark next to a house. You start to wonder what might be going on and you remember the legend of the Elmai. But the legend is not a legend! What if you are an Elmai? What if YOUR element is Shade?

You choose how the story goes and who you are. You are the one who decides which quests you solve and how, if you are nice or arrogant. You decide whether your karma stays neutral or becomes higher or lower.
Spoiler for legend:
Once, a very long time ago, three kinds of people lived happily among each other.
There were the Kyrii, working people without special skills. They could do no magic and control no elements. They are however very good in fighting and working. They still exist till this day, they own the bars and inns, shops and blacksmiths, they are the royals and the beggars, lowerclass, middleclass and upperclass normal people.
There were the Asral, people who possessed such pure mind and soul that they became practitioners of witchcraft and sorcery. They are feared and admired by many but they seldom have many friends, they are first-class loners. Nevertheless, they still exist in the forms of doctors, clerics, priests and witches, sorcerers and gypsy's.
Then there were the Elmai, these were the children of the elements. In the beginning only 6 elements existed, but by intertwining throughout the years others began to form. From Earth, Wind, Water, Fire, Light and Darkness came Electricity, Plants, Animal, Heat, Cold, Time, Space, Mind and Shade.

Many years ago, a man, whose name nobody can remember, came to this world. Many people thought his speeches, which were mostly against Elmai and Asral were ridiculous, well that was before he started brainwashing people. The Kyrii started lynching Elmai and Asral, the Asral started hunting down the Elmai as well, though with little to no effect. Until Hate, as people called that strange Gnelf, released information about elmais weak spots.
About 200 years passed when Kyrii and Asral found peace, thinking all Elmai were exterminated. Hate was murdered as soon as the Great War was over, but at least his dream, had come true. People killed him as they did not agree with his opinions any longer, oh, and they found out he was the perfect mixture as well.
He had the blood of the Kyrii, the mind of the Asral and the soul of an Elmai (his element was Mind).

Though, somewhere in the game you may be able to find the real Prophecy and then you may understand where this is going.

World
Spoiler for Outerworld:
Outerworld, a place somewhere between space and time. You can see this thing as if it is heaven, for those who believe it exists, it is real, for others, it doesn't exist at all.
Spoiler for Real world:
Dunar, a little village in the world of Eraa. This is the only village where some Elmai came out of hiding and where the Kyrii and Asral villagers keep their mouths shut about this whenever tourists arrive. The Kyrii and the Asral in this village have accepted the existance of the Elmai, they even have unspoken laws to prevent Elmai from using their natural forces against others.

Characters
Spoiler for You:
You are either Female or Male.
You choose your own name.
You choose (or random) your race from one of the following.
Human, Elf, Gnome, Half-Elf (Human x Elf), Halfling (Human x Gnome) or Gnelf (Elf x Gnome).

You choose your characteristics yourself throughout the game, the only thing which is clearly set from the beginning is this:
You were born in the village of Dunar, your father was a carpenter.
You stay behind with your over-protective mother and your little, extremely talented sister (you need to find out what I mean with this).

Spoiler for Kiki:
Kiki is your little sister. She is a stubborn and annoying child but you love her truly.
When she and mother go out to the market, she is usually very active and she'll sometimes even get lost.
She is extremely talented which may prove helpful.
Though, when your father died, she stumbled into a depression and you need to help her get out of that, how you do it? I don't care, there are several ways.

Spoiler for Lapi:
Lapi is not much of an Asral, even though he belongs to that group. Both his parents were great sorcerers, but he doesn't seem to be cut for the job.
He's not confident at all and he may do stupid things to hold you back. However, he manages to prove himself worthy of you calling him your friend.
Lapi may fall in love with you if you chose to be female and when your karma is high enough.

Spoiler for Movani:
Movani is a girl who really dislikes being called "lady". All her friends call her Van because they don't want any trouble with her. She can be found at the blacksmith or in the arena as she had once made her decision to prove all "them dumb jerks" that she is just as good in fighting as they are.
But inside that tough shell is a girl who has the kindest heart you may ever find.
Her favourite waste of time is beating the crap out of her so called "friends", which means she may turn against you.
Movani may fall in love with you if you chose to be male and when your karma is low enough.

Spoiler for Asrii:
Asrii is the name the people of Eraa gave to the forces of Nature. Humans also used to call her Mother Earth until they came in contact with the mighty Elves, who had already named her Asrri.Gnomes tend to take over habits of other races.
Though Asrii may not be among the humans, many feel she exists. Others tend to disbelieve or act so.
There aren't many who have seen Asrii, let alone heard her. You did!

Spoiler for Hate:
Hate is not his real name, but this tiran got this name because of the hate he spread among the Asral, Kyrii and the Elmai. His real name was once known but faded into oblivion many generations ago since people were afraid to call out his name. Hate is a Gnelf but also a perfect mixture, which means he belongs to no group at all, not to the Elmai, nor to the Kyrii or the Asral. You may have already guessed his element, Mind.
He got killed by the people of Eraa at the end of the great war.

Spoiler for Eleysa:
Eleysa is the town elder, she does nothing but watch the ocean, day and night. She loves it so much that when you talk to her, based on your Karma, she probably won't say many useful things. At this point, for all the townspeople of Dunar know, she is the oldest Elf alive.

Features
Spoiler for features:
~ No standard classes ~
~ No standard screen: Inventory - Book of Shadows - Quit Game ~
~ Karma ~
~ Main-story, side-story and bounty quests ~
~ Expanding and personalising Book of Shadows ~
~ Weight-limit in Backpack/Inventory ~
~ Learning basic skills by using them/training ~
~ Choosing your own party (or play alone) ~
~ Fun-factor has to do with collecting things ~
~ Trophy case ~
~ Maybe more ~

Thanks to:

Spoiler for Thanks!!!:
Spoiler for DoctorTodd:
  • Windowskin
  • One Actor Menu
  • Titlescreen picture
Spoiler for Modern Algebra:
  • Skill by Use 2.0
  • Flash Selected Enemy
  • Damage Popup
Spoiler for Zeriab:
  • Dialog system
Spoiler for Cozziekuns:
  • Custom Title
Spoiler for Woratana:
  • Battle Result Window
Spoiler for D&P3:
  • Demo reviews
  • Eventing help

Currently working on: Inside maps

More to come, ideas and critiques are very welcome!
So are useful resources.
Need pixelartist and scripter!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 07:19:47 PM by Amycha19 »

As blonde as can be!!!
Doesn't mean I'm the dumb one...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
This seems pretty cool. I always like making my own character.

Title makes me think of Morrowind.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
At the age of 16, you find yourself somewhere in a timeless place. There a spirit (who is in fact Asrii) will ask you some questions about your gender, name and race. From there, your story starts!
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. I instantly love your game ^-^

I do like the idea behind the shade :) That just sounds like a really good idea to me.
But to make it a moral choice game... Well that's going to take some high-dose eventing, I hope that you're up for that :)

About 200 years passed when Kyrii and Asral found peace, thinking all Elmai were exterminated. But little less was true, there were still some left, they hid their identities and acted as being part of the Kyrii or the Asral. Hate was murdered as soon as the Great War was over, but at least his dream, or so he thought, had come true. People killed him as they did not agree with his opinions any longer, oh, and they found out he was the perfect mixture as well.
He had the blood of the Kyrii, the mind of the Asral and the soul of an Elmai (his element was Mind).

Though, somewhere in the game you can find the real Prophecy and then you may understand where this is going.
That right there is not needed, you don't need to say that in your thread. In this case I can play your game not knowing about these things and it gives it a little more mystery :)

Oh, and in-game there also is an endless discussion whether it exists or not.
Again, that's something that shouldn't be spoiled ;)

your father was a carpenter but he gets killed early in the game.
If he is actually killed early in the game and we see it, that's another thing that doesn't need to be spoiled ;)

Oh, and he's DEAD!!

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Well I definitely love it so far :)
I can't wait to have a demo to playthrough :D

One last thing... Supporting ;)
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 57
Everything about Rendered Fate
Like where you're going with this, although hiromu hit the money when she said the game seems kinda like Morrowind.

I support this project.
Link to my game is here.
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,45507.0.html
Feedback will be nice to get, constructive or otherwise.

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
I do like the idea behind the shade :) That just sounds like a really good idea to me.
But to make it a moral choice game... Well that's going to take some high-dose eventing, I hope that you're up for that :)
Eventing? NO PROBLEMO... No really, I knew even before I posted this, even before I even wrote the story that I wanted a KARMA thing in it. Reason for that is that I've played several moral choice games and I loved each one of them because you get to "choose" how your adventure goes...
Though, I was thinking about scripting the entire karma bit so it shows in your book of shadows :)

Have to learn scripting before that though -.-

Cool smiley, but the thing is: This smiley is an answer to a spoil for people who think a bit further ;)

Well I definitely love it so far :)
I can't wait to have a demo to playthrough :D

One last thing... Supporting ;)

Thanksies  :lol:

Thanks to all of you who love my Idea!!

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
There is an alignment script you can use.

Look here
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
There is an alignment script you can use.

Look here
Thanks, that really is usefull  ;8

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
First demo coming up in about 2 or 3 days.

Here are some screenshots to get your taste going!
(Open doors are no doors yet... Need to make the insides before I release a first demo!!)
Though, all of the graphics will still change into customs once I have a pixelartist...

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
Wow, that looks pretty nice :)

I do think you should put doors on too.
The Pub in your second screenshot is a little awkward
:\
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 05:16:45 PM by D&P3 »

Rep:
Level 57
Everything about Rendered Fate
We'll be waiting.
Link to my game is here.
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,45507.0.html
Feedback will be nice to get, constructive or otherwise.

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
Wow, that looks pretty nice :)

I do think you put doors on too.
The Pub in your second screenshot is a little awkward
:\
I put on the doors when the inside is made...
And what looks akward about the pub??

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
The entrance makes it look like it has no pillar to support to eastern side of the building.

Thus awkward looking structure ^-^

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
The entrance makes it look like it has no pillar to support to eastern side of the building.

Thus awkward looking structure ^-^
Well, if you were to go inside, the building isn't 4x1 or 4x2 either...
When you go inside, you'll see it's pretty big and the door will be at least 3 or 4 blocks from the east wall!!

Though, you are right, from the outside it looks strange, but that would be solved by custom tiles ;)

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
When you go inside, you'll see it's pretty big and the door will be at least 3 or 4 blocks from the east wall!!
I expected that :)

And yes, custom tiles FTW ;D

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
I expected that :)

And yes, custom tiles FTW ;D
True, but I don't like my title screen, even though I made it myself...
What should I do with that??
Might keep it until I find a pixelartist who can put my drawings into pictures  :o

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 71
This looks pretty nice so far. Do you still want me to try to add the jewels to the window skin?  :)

EDIT:
I can also do a title screen and logo for you.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 08:43:59 PM by DoctorTodd »

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
This looks pretty nice so far. Do you still want me to try to add the jewels to the window skin?  :)

EDIT:
I can also do a title screen and logo for you.
Windowskin: YEAH DUUUUH... I love your skins (tried your WIP in my game, looks good). Though, I also need a complete dark one for title.
Title screen: Depends on what you have in mind  :lol:

I already gave you credit in the "Thanks" part as well.

~~~~~~~~~~

For the curious people, here are some more screenshots (maybe some spoiling ones too)

Spoiler for explaining the screenies (DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT A SPOIL):
1: This is the very beginning of your game. Your dream in the Outerworld *shhhht*
2: "This looks an awful lot like my bedroom" and yes, you'll hop to your own room...
3: The beginning of the very first cutscene. Main story begins here...
4: This may spoil, so I won't tell a thing about this one...
5: Same as 4...
6: Oh right, BIG BAD GUARD DOG (shopkeeper is gone, because of bug in the time-system I evented...)

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 71
Alright I'll try the jewels and make a darkened one. As for the title screen this is what I had in mine.

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
Alright I'll try the jewels and make a darkened one. As for the title screen this is what I had in mine.
That looks really awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How much time did you spend on that?

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 71
Honestly about three minutes but I have Photoshop.

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
Honestly about three minutes but I have Photoshop.
That's something I can't make with my Paint.NET... Though, the one I made was made in it  :-[

Anyway, I'm off for tonight... Leave me a PM or a reply in this topic if there's any questions, ideas or whatever...

BYE  :cheese:

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 71
Alright I tried to add jewels and it didn't turn out well (I never have been good at jewels). I also can't figure what's causing the blend problem but I'll continue to look. As for the dark one I wasn't sure what you wanted exactly so I simply made a darkened one for now.

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
Alright I tried to add jewels and it didn't turn out well (I never have been good at jewels). I also can't figure what's causing the blend problem but I'll continue to look. As for the dark one I wasn't sure what you wanted exactly so I simply made a darkened one for now.
With completely dark one, I meant no outline but for the one around the buttons...
Though, the darkned one looks pretty neat too

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
Very EARLY Demo is coming up!!
Last tests are being done this very moment.

Rest of the insides, world and more are being done later on. This is to see what you guys think of this first piece of a long way.

Features inside:
- Hidden objects (Though, all you'll find up till now is Book of Shadows, Potions, Gold and a Hairpin) so search around...
- Skill gaining by using skills (Normal attack = skill attack! and you can gain up to 7 new skills from Attack and Hide)
- People disappearing/reappearing when time goes up... (though, screen tint isn't set yet)
- A "know it all" priest...
- for battles: guy between the cows, he'll let you fight a different monster than the tutorial one...
- Burying bones if the monster gives them to you!

Elapsed time of working on this: +/- 4 hours (mostly editing what I didn't like to something I personally still don't like but which looks better...)

If you notice any odd things, bugs or even spelling or grammatical errors, please let me know!

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
I still need a pixelartist to make custom sprites, custom faces and custom tiles from drawings and from scratch.

Here are two characters you'll find throughout the game (only front view as they will only be seen from the front.

Spoiler for Picture!:

From left to right:
Eyra and Asrii (My drawings)
Piggy, kitty and angelkitty (My sisters drawings, I'll probably use them as enemies or something)

I made the "holy" characters look like Chibi's because it's the most surreal manga style I like.
The others will vary between different styles of manga/anime.

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
There are several things to mention before I even play the game.

I'm not sure why, but your game came in quotes ???

Also we all have the RTP already, so you do not need to include that with your game.
It's just unnecessary space in that case.

Spoiler for Part 1:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb6umWcmY7M" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb6umWcmY7M</a>

Spoiler for Part 2:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cSJDHr1lic" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cSJDHr1lic</a>

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
There are several things to mention before I even play the game.

I'm not sure why, but your game came in quotes ???

Also we all have the RTP already, so you do not need to include that with your game.
It's just unnecessary space in that case.
In my map it looks like any other .exe I have, so I don't know where they came from.
The RTP is supposed to be for a friend but she didn't have time to play yet. Though, I'll upload next demo with and without RTP.

So here is my TO DO list:
  • Slow automated texts down a (big) bit
  • Name input script
  • Nicer transitions for the guy disappearing (or changing his position...) and more explanation in the tutorial (interaction with Asrii)
  • Change some parts of sentences into better parts of sentences...
  • Event KIKI, MOM and OLD MAN-quest and all other silent people
  • Fix the guard dogs...
  • Graves in cement = YAY CUSTOM ARTWORK ?? no??

Thanks to you, now I know haw slow my laptop is (or how fast your computer is :o )
Also, D&P3, you should have gotten a PM with some info...

And as I said, it's still a very early demo  :-[

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
It was pretty good though :)

There are some things to work on, but I liked the game.

If you need some help with eventing, I'm happy to help. :)

Rep:
Level 71
When I get a chance I may be able to do some tiles for you.

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
@D&P3: I'd really love that...

@DoctorTodd: I'd really love that too!!

Did you guys see my art yet? I'm now trying to get every drawing I have and may want to use, scanned and resized.

BUT, here's an announcement: Before I continue working on this project, I need to finish 2 exams at school first! So this week, there will be little to no progress.

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 71
There WIP right now, This is only TileC. Let me know what you think.  :)
(Ignore the giant crate).

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
There WIP right now, This is only TileC. Let me know what you think.  :)
(Ignore the giant crate).
Are the beds moved up a couple of pixels so they would be standing against the wall??
It's great work though!!  ;8
For the rest, I'd love to use them with the normal RTP though, I'll be editing my doors then...

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 71
No problem I'll fix it.

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
UPDATE:

The Island of Dunar is FINISHED!!!! Well, apart from some insides, some people and stuff like that, but map-wise, it's finished...

Also, the town elder character came to my mind!
Spoiler for Eleysa:
Race: Elf
Eleysa is the town elder, she does nothing but watch the ocean, day and night. She loves it so much that when you talk to her, based on your Karma, she probably won't say many useful things. At this point, for all the townspeople of Dunar know, she is the oldest Elf alive.

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Didnae make these from scratch, (thanks to char.gen for quick creation ^^) but if it's what you're aiming towards I can make any edits or changes to the sprites to meet more exact specifications for you.  Got a wee example char so you can point out what changes you'd want, and I'll see what I can do :)
I can't offer to do any tile stuff because my tilesets take far too long as it is, since I go over and edit almost every block in the set, and five pages of that takes ~.~...
Spoiler for:
You never mentioned colours, so I just picked green :)

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
Didnae make these from scratch, (thanks to char.gen for quick creation ^^) but if it's what you're aiming towards I can make any edits or changes to the sprites to meet more exact specifications for you.  Got a wee example char so you can point out what changes you'd want, and I'll see what I can do :)
I can't offer to do any tile stuff because my tilesets take far too long as it is, since I go over and edit almost every block in the set, and five pages of that takes ~.~...
Spoiler for:
You never mentioned colours, so I just picked green :)

Well, I'm not quite sure which one you made these from...
Though, it doesn't matter... I'll try colouring the pictures myself :)

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
VXA has an in-built char/face-maker.  I'm used to working in 8bit so am pretty uncertain with vxa sprites, or at least to start them off from scratch but I'm fairly confident I could make edits work out; am gettin' all the practice I can get for them at least, need to make sure I'm used to my new territory :D

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
Not much of an update since I had exams at school and been relaxing from them at my boyfriend's...

Though, I've created pretty much all of Dunar (main island) and I'll be doing the world map soon...

First island still doesn't contain much quests as I made one bounty-quest, where you need to kill some Poppieblows and I kind of screwed up the event several times.
And first I need to finish the insides of some homes.

Then I'll be creating some more storyline and maybe in the next demo, Minimozart's piece of art will enlighten DoctorTodd's great titlescreen to it's maximum mysteriousness :P

Enemies you may find up till now:
Rats (Critter)
Poppieblows
Mimic

EDIT: Here are the coloured characters!!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 10:31:14 PM by Amycha19 »

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Just in case you still need sprites, thought I'd try and help out :)

Not sure about the animals, but as far as the fairies go, had to go with eye colours based on the rest of them.  Edited in smaller more pokey legs to get the effect across.  Feel free to use them if you want, if not s'cool, just tryin' to help :)

Spoiler for:

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
Just in case you still need sprites, thought I'd try and help out :)

Not sure about the animals, but as far as the fairies go, had to go with eye colours based on the rest of them.  Edited in smaller more pokey legs to get the effect across.  Feel free to use them if you want, if not s'cool, just tryin' to help :)

Spoiler for:

Allright, these I really love... And I want to use them!!
If I may ofcourse  :lol:

Now for the animals, I don't know if I want to use them as enemies or as something else. They also need better colouring.
Though, is it alright if I send you any other characters (coloured) when I drew them?
Oh, and could you eventually put the sprites together in one picture, same for the faces?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 02:24:49 PM by Amycha19 »

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
Scruffy and Ket are so cute!
Also, damn. Your good at drawing. 
I want :moar:
なんでやねん

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
Scruffy and Ket were drawn by my little sister (age 14), but I'll tell her!!
Though, I've coloured them (in Paint.NET) but they may still need shadows and stuff :p

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
Do I actually see them in game, or has it not been updated that far just yet?

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
@D&P3: You can't see the animals in game yet, though Eyra and Asrii are in the game already.

UPDATE:
For now, the Menu is starting to look like what I want but it's not quite there yet.
Started on mapping the world map already, though you can still only enter the island of Dunar.
Created a drawing for Movani today, still need to scan it so I can show you all.
Made the inside for the forest house and I'll be working on the rest of the insides.
When some homes are closed: It's to early or late to go in.
Made an item to cure poison too.

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
UPDATE:

- Edited the main-character sprites (now showing a picture of the three faces for female/male trueblood/halfblood races, and you can return to change your gender and race again.
- Added some scripts for a banking system (Credits: Crazyninjaguy) and a chest item pop-up system (Credits: Mac Malone)
- Made a drawing for Unikorn (me and my sister work under that name from now on) and made a scene where that shows up in the beginning of the game...
- Made an event for getting Movani in your party (though, still looking around for a script so that you can manage your party in the pub)
- Scanned some monsters though, I'm not sure if I'll use them anywhere in the game (most drawn by my bf)

Also I've been thinking about my battle system and I'd like to have that look a bit like Wizardry for PS3, like this.

Would that be a good addition to the game or not?

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
For those who support:

Code: [Select]
[img]http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh497/Amycha19/Duskwind/banner.png[/img]

Question for the supporting people.

Would I add a mouse script or not? Also explain why.

Then here's an update. I'm waiting for Pacman and his marvellous custom menu script(s) for my item and book of shadows menu. Also waiting for Modern Algebra to reply on a question/request I made for a character generating system. But until then, I'll be using these characters and faces.
Look at the hair-colour:
Blonde = Human
Green = Elf
White = Gnome
Cyan = Half Elf
Red = Gnelf
Brown = Halfling

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
I won't be having much time to work on this for the first couple of weeks so don't expect an update in quite some time.

Here's the last progress: Added a few scripts and been working on the inside of a home.

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
I've been around playing with some funny things and I've had this stupid idea of adding some cutscenes.
The idea behind those stupid cutscenes is to keep people's attention to the "up till now" story of chasing the assassin and killing him, though, you can't beat him yet.

Though, I'll be showing some pretty cool screenshots soon (as in next month or the one after?)!!

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Starting Demo Now:
Okay, I like the character creation bit. But, with the skills and how they advance through more usage, I think you should take "Attack" out of the skill list, seeing as it increases the amount of times it has been used by simply pressing Attack and by going to the skills, there's no reason that you'd need to have the same thing in two places.

You should rework the assassination part. What I'd recommend is that you still talk to Asrii, but that dream should be only for character creation and her advice. The rest of the tutorial should take place in the real world, that way you can have a more immersive tutorial, hopefully build the Father out to be a character to be cared for through this tutorial, and then finish it with the assassination. Since the majority (probably) of the game will be in this world, I just think it'd be better to teach the player the general rules while in this world.
That's all my opinion of course.

I think you should be able to talk to your sister after taking the Book of Shadows. Mom's hairpin is probably overpowered  ;D. Also, the sister seems to disappear if you go to sleep in the house. When I talked to man inside a church, he disappeared. I wont mention the Dog glitch, since D&P already did in his video. Oh, and in his video there are a ton of people, when I played there wasn't anyone there. I'm not sure if this is caused by race, or if that is also caused by the sleeping I did.
I slept once more to see what else happens, instead of the sister sitting next to where the book was (inside your house) she turns into the dad. I can't talk to him. I checked the clock and it said "0:7" I'm not sure what that means. Then, after returning upstairs, the mother and the sister are back in their beds sleeping. When I wake up, the sister is playing the piano and the dad is still just sitting there. I've yet to find my mom so I can say goodbye.

I slept once more, since sleeping seems to be the cause of everything. Finally, the dad is gone, the sister is still playing the piano but I've yet to find the mother. I slept once more, the dad came back, but this time, all of the shops have opened up. I guess there is a hidden time system that I wasn't aware of. Apparently the clock changes too xD. Well, the places haven't exactly opened up, their doors have disappeared, but I can't go inside. The houses that opened were the Pub, a place with a Coin sign, and the two houses on the right & left of the Pub. I can't go inside any of them.

So, I decided to move on and grind to level 2. I hit level two, but nothing really happened, so I guess I'm finished with the demo. All I can say is that you have some great ideas in this game, but you need to fix/work on them so that they function correctly. The time system is good, but you need to also have day & night for it to work. I haven't found a use for the Axe, Hammer etc. but I'm sure there's something cool in store for them. I just couldn't find anywhere to use them in this demo. The skill progression is an awesome idea, but I don't want to grind octopuses that are called forth by a farmer in military gear in order to progress the skills. Hopefully if I ever find my mother I can get off the island and kill some real game.

I rewatched D&P's playthrough of the demo so that nothing was repeated. On a side note, I chose to be an elf, but my parents seemed to still be humans. Well, that's pretty much everything I got from the demo. I hope this helps you in any way. Demo Demolished :V

EDIT: OH, and I didn't see any way to Shut Down the game other than clicking the red X on the game window. This will surely become a problem for people playing in Full screen, since they wont see an X, they'll have to Alt-Tab and delete it or Alt-F4.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 06:24:15 PM by hiromu656 »

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
I rewatched D&P's playthrough of the demo so that nothing was repeated. On a side note, I chose to be an elf, but my parents seemed to still be humans. Well, that's pretty much everything I got from the demo. I hope this helps you in any way. Demo Demolished :V

Seems like I have some serious problems with my time system somewhere!!
Also, I know I should add the tint screen parts of morning, day, evening and night.

During the day, mother should be walking around downstairs, mostly in the kitchen. Kiki should be sitting at the table around 12 and around 6 otherwise she will be playing piano or (after supper) running around the house...

Axe, hammer, etc. will be used alongside a crafting system. This way, you can chop down some bushes for wood, create armour and things like that.

The octopuses are replaced in the next demo, you'll be able to explore the island and fight some flesh-eating plants, rats and some other monsters.

Also normally, if you have your backpack and your book of shadows, you should be able to exit the game by using the book of shadows, though, the entire menu system will be changed into something awesome and new!!

Then I have this question. How should I implement this tutorial thing into the real world as my story is you coming out of the strange dream, going downstairs and go get breakfast with dad. That's the reason why I put a small tutorial on the basics into the dream... Just so that the dream makes a bit of sense to me. Also this dream is the Outerworld you were shown by Asrii, though, you'll return there eventually and you'll see your father and others living up there as it is somewhat heaven for people.

Also, I want to change character creation so that you can choose what you look like inside the game, something like paperdoll. I also want to add a function so that if you change your outfit, your ingame outfit also changes.

Anyway, thank you very much for the input, advice and critiques, I'll make sure to fix the time system (or even real-time it if I can learn RGSS2 that fast) and add some more story to it.

^-^ If you have any ideas or whatever, please feel free to shoot them at me using pigeon mail (PM)  ;8

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
Scruffy and Ket are so cute!
Also, damn. Your good at drawing. 
I want :moar:
I'm with AbsoluteIce on this.

Then I have this question. How should I implement this tutorial thing into the real world as my story is you coming out of the strange dream, going downstairs and go get breakfast with dad. That's the reason why I put a small tutorial on the basics into the dream... Just so that the dream makes a bit of sense to me. Also this dream is the Outerworld you were shown by Asrii, though, you'll return there eventually and you'll see your father and others living up there as it is somewhat heaven for people.
Make Daddy do it, it'll give him somewhat more importance in the game and might make me actually give the slightest damn about his death.

You heard me in my video, I did not care about him dying one bit, and judging from Hiromu's post, he didn't give the slightest damn either. :P

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
D&P3: HELP  :-[ I think I know where you are going but how do you see this specifically? Having a training dummy in a cellar? Open up a chest next to the house? How do you see the "let Daddy do that?" thing?

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
In order for me to original, I would tell you to actually make daddy the player for the start of the game (after character selection of course), and do a self tutorial.

"Hmm, maybe I should open that chest. . .     
You know what, I think I will"

"That woman stole my cheesecake, should I slice her throat?"
Yes
No

But that's just what I'd do; you could always make him be a tutorial master in a grass plain area if that would achieve your goal.

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
In order for me to original, I would tell you to actually make daddy the player for the start of the game (after character selection of course), and do a self tutorial.

"Hmm, maybe I should open that chest. . .     
You know what, I think I will"

"That woman stole my cheesecake, should I slice her throat?"
Yes
No

But that's just what I'd do; you could always make him be a tutorial master in a grass plain area if that would achieve your goal.

I like both Ideas!!! So maybe even before the character creation I can let people play as dad training in the basement of the house? Or something like that?

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
Pretty much...

If it works, it works.

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
Latest update. The entire intro scene has been changed though, it still needs some bugfixes.
Still need to add some karma explanation in the tutorial thingy...
I'll add screenies as soon as possible!

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
Should I change this into a VXA project or stick with VX??

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
I asked myself that same question...

Truthfully, if you have less than an hours gameplay you might as well make the switch, otherwise I'd stick with VX.
(But then again, I'm not a mapper; so VXA isn't really that much of an improvement for me anyway :| )

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
I asked myself that same question...

Truthfully, if you have less than an hours gameplay you might as well make the switch, otherwise I'd stick with VX.
(But then again, I'm not a mapper; so VXA isn't really that much of an improvement for me anyway :| )
Yeah well... I've tried the demo and I like VX more than VXA. Though, I like the charmaker!
It's just that nobody is even considering on taking up my script request for the menu system and I really want that thing inside my game.
I've asked someone I know to try and figure it out but I don't see that guy very often and well, he's not that good a friend of mine.

Maybe you'd want to continue on his work?
Here's what he made so far.

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
Yeah well... I've tried the demo and I like VX more than VXA. Though, I like the charmaker!
It's just that nobody is even considering on taking up my script request for the menu system and I really want that thing inside my game.
I've considered it; I just don't have enough confidence to take something like that.
You CAN convert your project to VXA but not fully without some tinkering, Take a look at this here program.

If you really want it done, I can try. But I'm not guaranteeing anything nor will I start on it before the guilds are finished.
Also I think I mentioned it already, but in case I haven't you can request HungrySnake to do it, he takes VX requests and ignores VXA.

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
I've considered it; I just don't have enough confidence to take something like that.
You CAN convert your project to VXA but not fully without some tinkering, Take a look at this here program.

If you really want it done, I can try. But I'm not guaranteeing anything nor will I start on it before the guilds are finished.
Also I think I mentioned it already, but in case I haven't you can request HungrySnake to do it, he takes VX requests and ignores VXA.
I'd really love it that someone would want to take it. And it doesn't have to be perfect but I've seen what you are capable of already! (you even thought me how to ruby a bit)
I've made a request at HungrySnake right after you told me but he hasn't answered ever since...

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
HungrySnake is currently on Vacation and won't be back until the 26th (I think).
As he is pretty much one of the few people still doing VX requests, he gets a lot of PMs for requests and maintenance and due to that, he doesn't check them.
So if you didn't do so, you need to request in that thread (as he won't check his PMs). :P

Edit:
Quote from: HungrySnake
Thanks RPG_Lover. You guys can still PM me, but not for requests. Maybe some little scripting issues where you don't need the program itself for. If you want to make a request, just wait till the 26th of August or ask another scripter.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 10:03:21 PM by D&P3 »

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
HungrySnake is currently on Vacation and won't be back until the 26th (I think).
As he is pretty much one of the few people still doing VX requests, he gets a lot of PMs for requests and maintenance and due to that, he doesn't check them.
So if you didn't do so, you need to request in that thread (as he won't check his PMs). :P

Edit:
Quote from: HungrySnake
Thanks RPG_Lover. You guys can still PM me, but not for requests. Maybe some little scripting issues where you don't need the program itself for. If you want to make a request, just wait till the 26th of August or ask another scripter.

Well yeah... Thread is closed down DP ;)
Otherwise I'd love to do it on my own but I know practically nothing about Ruby!!

I even need to look at Javascript again for school -.-

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
The entire introduction has been changed. Some other things need to be changed and new things should be added before I can release the next demo...

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
No real update here, just a note to say that this project is currently on hold because of the scripters problem...

As long as I don't have DCMS, I can't continue with anything...

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
THIS GAME IS ON HOLD!!

I don't know when I will return to is since I don't have any people around me who are willing to contribute actively. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Thinking of remaking what I have so far (as in starting over from scratch but with everything I have learned)
So that means that I will fully dispose of whatever I have so far and that I am going to ask different people to make me some things.
As to this thread? Down to the abandoned projects I guess?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 05:18:56 PM by Amycha19 »

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 55
Infected with the sickness.
Sad to hear, I hope you will start working on it again. Still supporting :)
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
This is abandoned... I'm restarting and also opening a new topic!!

New concept and new story altogether :D

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 55
Infected with the sickness.
Nooo! Abandoned! /Cries in a corner  :'(
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support: