RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Help with re-arranging party members (VX)

Rep:
Level 66
RMRK Junior
So, I was wondering if there was a way to re-arrange the order of party members, so that when a different character was in front, they could have a special skill (such as a thief picking locks, Breath of Fire 1 & 2 for SNES uses this idea extensively).

Any ideas?
My Soundcloud:

RMRK Forum - Musical "Works in Progress"
I'm a Musician (Sonar X1, Piano, Guitar, game music inspired), and a visual artist/animator (Adobe Photoshop/After FX).
My musical inspirations include Sigur Ros, Pat Metheny, Andy McKee, Tool, Yokko Kanno, Yasunori Mitsuda, etc, to name a variety.
My favorite RPG series is Breath of Fire.
I love RPG's, & enjoy dabbling with RPG Maker, & am considering projects to start someday.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
There are a number of scripts to help re-organise party members.

MA's Integrated Party Reserve Script
PAC Party Management

There are more scripts, but I've come to rely on the coding ability of these two :)

If you know how to do some eventing, you could probably figure out a way for some special skills to be used depending on who in the first character in your party.
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 66
RMRK Junior
There are a number of scripts to help re-organise party members.

MA's Integrated Party Reserve Script
PAC Party Management

There are more scripts, but I've come to rely on the coding ability of these two :)

If you know how to do some eventing, you could probably figure out a way for some special skills to be used depending on who in the first character in your party.

That is awesome, thankyou!  Somehow I overlooked those.

Modern Algebra's is exactly what I was looking for, I'm sure I can execute my plans now.
My Soundcloud:

RMRK Forum - Musical "Works in Progress"
I'm a Musician (Sonar X1, Piano, Guitar, game music inspired), and a visual artist/animator (Adobe Photoshop/After FX).
My musical inspirations include Sigur Ros, Pat Metheny, Andy McKee, Tool, Yokko Kanno, Yasunori Mitsuda, etc, to name a variety.
My favorite RPG series is Breath of Fire.
I love RPG's, & enjoy dabbling with RPG Maker, & am considering projects to start someday.