RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Synesthesia

Rep:
Level 57
Everything about Rendered Fate
Internet Synesthesia Moments
Post your feelings of synesthesia here.

Don't get ahead of me here, but I wanted to post this because of a thread I viewed [which had a hell of a lot of pizza in it, which made me really hungry]. While viewing that thread, the moment I saw the first image [an XL pepperoni pizza], I smelled and tasted fresh pizza.

This sparked the idea of this thread, which were moments where 3 or more senses got triggered by one response, like looking at an image or hearing an SE.

Has anyone here had something like this happen before?
Link to my game is here.
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,45507.0.html
Feedback will be nice to get, constructive or otherwise.

Rep:
Level 69
     Has anyone here had something like this happen before?
This is how people learn, through association, so this happens to us our entire lives. lol

Rep:
Level 57
Just had to check, because you never know how many kids are on here.
Link to my game is here.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
That's not synesthesia. That's just a smell association that you happened to learn over your life.
Synesthesia would be like associating a specific number with a specific color automatically and involuntarily.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
I actually do have synesthesia in the sense that when I hear specific pitches, I see a color in my head.

B flat = orange, every time.

Seeing pizza and then thinking of the smell of pizza is not synesthesia.
:tinysmile:

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
What is Synesthesia? Because it sounds like something I've been wondering about my whole life. I have no actual sense of taste on my tounge but whenever someone talks about anything I can immediately taste it, like if people talk about sour flavors or spicy food I can taste it, and yes even other things like metal, wood, dirt ect with texture included in the effect.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
That's not synesthesia. That's just a taste association that you happened to learn over your life.
Synesthesia would be like associating a specific number with a specific color automatically and involuntarily.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 57
That's not synesthesia. That's just a taste association that you happened to learn over your life.

When I said that, I meant seeing the picture triggered all 5 senses involuntarily, like hearing the pepperoni boil, feeling the crust, smelling and tasting the pizza, and seeing it with my own eyes. And yes, in fact, it was kind of involuntary because I DON'T end up being around pizza that much, period.

I think my quirk is when I hear a certain tune, say a music track from a rock artist like 3DG, I end up registering that with a whole picture, like Starry Night from Van Gogh, and all sorts of SE's play in my head. Sometimes it almost sounds real, except with a more ethereal echo to it.
Link to my game is here.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
That's not synesthesia. .-.

Here, read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synesthesia

Rep:
Level 57
Guess my subject's dropped.
Link to my game is here.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I used to talk to a kid who was heavily synesthetic. Any time he heard music he would get these weird, trippy visions in his head that were impossible to describe. The closest analogy he could make was Windows Media Player visualizations, and even that was oversimplified.

Weird stuff.