RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] [Request] Target anyone.

Rep:
Level 56
RMRK Junior
Proposed Name: Target Anyone (Scope: Anyone)
<Proposed on: 11th May 2012>

Summary
The most basic example I could give of this is to be allowed to target any entity in the battle without limitations.
For example, in Final Fantasy VIII, you can kill undead quickly by casting healing magic on them, or simply throwing a resurrection item at them.
I found out RPG Maker was lacking this aspect when I made a "Healing" element to make undead and demons weak against, but found no way of allowing a healing skill to target enemies without removing the ability to target allies.
Another way I was thinking might be reasonable to suggest was adding duplicate tags of the currently existing ones from the "Scope" dropdown, and allowing a second scope to be added on top of the current existing one, this way you can target any entity and still have a default, for instance, heal having a default scope of "one ally" from the menu, and then adding a "one enemy" scope via the notebox, allowing both allies and enemies to be targeted at once by defaulting the healing to allies.

Unfortunately, due to my lack of experience in this kind of scripting, I have no idea how possible or unreasonable this request may be, I'm only making this request in hopes that it is simple and someone could churn it out with barely any efforts at all.

Features Desired
  • Able to target single target of both ally and enemy team with the same skill or item
  • Able to target full all of ally team, or all of enemy team with the same skill or item
  • Able to determine target scopes with tags to override default target scope
  • Tags to do this may be something like "Any_Single" and "Any_Whole"

Games its been in
  • Final Fantasy (multiple)
  • Ragnarok Online (Use of healing spells on some enemies to harm them)
It's really hard to find games with this example..

Did you search?
Yes

Where did you search?
  • RMVX
  • PRG Revolution
If it's around, I'm blind, if it is around, I'd very much love to have a link to it.

What did you search for?
  • Target All
  • Target Anyone
  • Remove Scope
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 12:03:46 PM by Zaiku »

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
Sounds legit, hope to see this happen

Rep:
Level 56
RMRK Junior
Thanks, I do too. I came across this software during a university project, got pointed to it by the group I'm working with still on the same said project.
We're thinking of finishing up on this project for university and then maybe moving onto actually getting a game made with this, and I'd like to see some of the missing assets thrown together, makes things easier for everyone, right?

Rep:
Level 69
That reminds me of the roulette enemy skill in FFVII that kills one person/enemy completely randomly. This would be a very useful script, because I want to make healing magic that attacks like you mentioned :p

Rep:
Level 56
RMRK Junior
I find it weird that there are probably more than enough people wanting such a feature to warrant making it, and yet it seems almost like the idea was never brought forward to any scripters before.

Rep:
Level 56
RMRK Junior
Adding +1 bump to the topic, anybody up for doing this?

Rep:
Level 56
RMRK Junior
I've given this topic a while to be seen and looked into. Adding one last bump before I abandon the idea that this is being made.
If anyone does make this, please do PM me.