RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Additional attack (skill) effects

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
I'd like to get, if I may, a script that allows extra things to occur when skills are used, through use of note tags placed within the note box of the skill.
Some things I'd like available:
Example: <on crit> would make it so that something happens when the skill hits critically. Specifically, the effect I'm looking for is for it to be able to call a common event when the skill hits critically. The idea I had behind it is to sort of replicate the fire mage Ignite ability from World of Warcraft, where upon scoring a critical hit, the target suffers additional damage over time, however if it is able to call a common event, I can make use of it in many more ways.

If anyone has any additional ideas to add, in addition to <on crit>, please feel free to add your ideas.
So far:
<on crit>
<if fatal> (if the skill kills the target or the user)