RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[vxace]script use real time

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
can anyone provide a script that use real time...
like a certain time something will happen or other things in the game...
and also change the day and night setting in a game...

tell me if you have that script

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
Put more information into your request, or people won't understand with
the little information that you have.  ???
なんでやねん

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
Put more information into your request, or people won't understand with
the little information that you have.  ???
here the detail

the game use a real time clock...
and depend on the time set in the real time clock the game change as well
like if the time is morning the game is light and when the time is night the game is at night as well
and also a certain date and time event like every Friday you can but certain item that is not regularly for sale...
and also changes battle rate in the morning and in the night...
you know kinda like pokemon use real time just to change its weather and seasons and event...

Rep:
Level 65
Working on Monster Leader
Contestant - GIAW 9
you can event that yourself, here you can read a bit about it: *klick*
not sure about the battle rate though, that might require a little script call(one or two lines)
I'll see if it's possible with eventing, if not, I'll provide you with the script call

Edit:
Insert this inside the Scripts, below Materials but above Main:

Code: [Select]
# With this you can set the Encounter Rate of the current Map using
# $game_map.set_encounter_step(x)
# with x being the value you'd set inside the Map Properties

class Game_Map
  def set_encounter_step(steps)
    @map.encounter_step = steps
  end
end

You can change the encounter rate by using
$game_map.set_encounter_step(x)
x being the desired value
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 10:44:35 AM by mobychan »

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
you can event that yourself, here you can read a bit about it: *klick*
not sure about the battle rate though, that might require a little script call(one or two lines)
I'll see if it's possible with eventing, if not, I'll provide you with the script call

Edit:
Insert this inside the Scripts, below Materials but above Main:

# With this you can set the Encounter Rate of the current Map using
# $game_map.set_encounter_step(x)
# with x being the value you'd set inside the Map Properties

class Game_Map
  def set_encounter_step(steps)
    @map.encounter_step = steps
  end
end

You can change the encounter rate by using
$game_map.set_encounter_step(x)
x being the desired value
not like that the script use the pc current time to change the rate according to the time...

Rep:
Level 65
Contestant - GIAW 9
Are you sure you want the player to be forced playing your game at specific times to get special items or such?
I mean, in Pokémon it's only a matter of day/night and in case of Black/White the seasons but you want events to happen at specific days...
I think it would be a nuisance and could prevent some people from playing your game.
I hate it when a game forces me to play on specific days, specific times may be managable but days...

Think about it, if it wouldn't be easier to use a in-game time or dump the specific day stuff, would be better I think

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
It's not so bad. Check out Animal Crossing. :)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 12:19:07 PM by D&P3 »
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 65
Contestant - GIAW 9
Sure, there are games where it's ok, but I think an RPG as Jomar wants to do it wouldn't attract many people with it ^^''

Rep:
Level 69
Yeah, for crystal version they did that day-of-week stuff.

You know, it would change up an rpg. You could only, let's say, enter the 'mines of moria' on a sunday night. Then again, the game itself would have to be very worth playing for that to be interesting.

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
I've actually been considering implementing something like this in my contest entry so when I get around to scripting it, I'll let you know unless someone beats me to it.
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
I've actually been considering implementing something like this in my contest entry so when I get around to scripting it, I'll let you know unless someone beats me to it.

Someone beat me to it.

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/1065-basic-real-time-system-time/

Seems fairly simple.  If you have any problems with it, speak with the author of that topic through that link.

(EDIT:...apparently clicked quote instead of modify.  I apparently need more sleep.
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
finally i found that script
http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/3225-basic-game-time-nightday/
this is what i'm talking about!!!