RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA][RESOLVED] Display actor image during actor command selection.

Rep:
Level 56
RMRK Junior
Display actor image during actor command selection.

Hi, all. This is a request for a script that would allow the user to specify a custom image (a portrait, specifically) for each actor that will appear during that actor's command selection in battle.

Features Desired:
  • Specify an image for each actor
  • Display the actor's image during their command selection in battle[/i]
Here's a simple mockup:

A feature like this also appears in the Etrian Odyssey series. Here's an example of that:

I have done a combination of searching, and attempting to modify existing scripts, but haven't had any success so far.

That's it. Thanks for reading.

Edit: This is resolved, thanks to Zylos, who nailed it.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 07:52:48 AM by Kaidan »

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Are you using a custom battle system or the default one?

Rep:
Level 56
RMRK Junior
It's Yanfly's Ace Engine with a bunch of minor visual edits. Something written for the DBS would be perfectly fine, though—it would get me started in the right direction.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Hm. I'm only so-so when it comes to scripting, but it sounds like an easy enough task even for me. I'll start with the DBS if you like, though if you PM me the Yanfly stuff that you're using, I can try to start on that instead. Just give me a sample image to use for one of the actors you want, so I know a general image size to work with that doesn't obscure the enemies too much.

Rep:
Level 56
RMRK Junior
Hey, thanks, Simba. PM sent.

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Please can you help me with it? I relly need it. Please.

Rep:
Level 57
RMRK Junior
Is it possible to share the code please ?