RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
New to 2k3 again, want some help before I actually get started

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
the guy that came a long time ago but did nothing
I came here all the way back in 2010 while I was still stupid and left after 3 posts. Now I've come back for some help. I'm starting a new project in 2k3 and plan on sticking to it this time. However, before I even get started, I want to know a few things.

Can I have text boxes on pictures?
Sort of like a visual novel style of a scene. I'm alright with having to put in character portraits along with each frame for separate emotions and such, I just want to know if talking can be done in it. If it's not possible, is there a possible workaround to it?

How do I do intros right off New Game?
I'm a newb all over again okay?

Giving characters a specific animation for individual skills?
I have a good idea on how to do this. Just want to make sure that it's as easy as I think it's going to be.

I'm not exactly going to talk about the project until it reaches a presentable level. I just want to make sure that I know about the things I asked first.
p cool sig

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Can I have text boxes on pictures?
Sort of like a visual novel style of a scene. I'm alright with having to put in character portraits along with each frame for separate emotions and such, I just want to know if talking can be done in it. If it's not possible, is there a possible workaround to it?

Yes, you can import custom images (portraits, in this case) and display them at any moment through the use of an event. The can be displayed concurrently with a text box like you described.

How do I do intros right off New Game?
I'm a newb all over again okay?

Create an event on your starting map that is set to Autorun. It'll take precedence over any other event and start off doing exactly what you tell it to do, easy as pie :)

Giving characters a specific animation for individual skills?
I have a good idea on how to do this. Just want to make sure that it's as easy as I think it's going to be.

Yes, I think that's possible through use of the character battler tab. I forget the specifics, as I've never done it... but I've seen others do it. It's a simple tab, just play around with it.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
the guy that came a long time ago but did nothing
Yes, I think that's possible through use of the character battler tab. I forget the specifics, as I've never done it... but I've seen others do it. It's a simple tab, just play around with it.

I was thinking that making separate character animations for skills could just be making the caster invisible and having skill animations doing the work.

I've also forgotten what a tab is.
p cool sig