RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA] Parallel Process Fix

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Something I've noticed in VXA is that a 'Parallel Process' event doesn't seem to actually process when a text box is displayed.

E.G - I've got a parallel process which shows this

and when a text box pops-up it disappears

but starts processing again after the text box disappears.

I know that in VX, parallel process's are always functioning, even with a text box displayed, I was wondering if this could be fixed to do the same in VXA?
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 73
Artista
2012 Best Artist2012 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)Winner - 2011 Summer Project of the Season
You don't need a script for this. Archeia posted an easy fix. :)

Quote from: Archeia_Nessiah
1.) My Parallel Process Event won't run whenever I'm talking to somebody!

Why? The reason why this happen is because of how RMVXAce handles event processing. This is due to Fiber.yield. It's going to be a long explanation and the only way to "Fix" this is to rewrite the game interpreter or the message system. But fret not, there's a way to fix this!

Why should I be concerned? If you like making animated events through parallel processes, they would stop whenever a message box is visible!

How to fix? Just put the commands of the parallel process event inside a loop or use labels. It will run normally~
My current project:

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Simple enough, thanks :)
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3