RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[REQUEST] RMVXA - Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep System

Rep: +0/-0Level 71
RMRK Junior
Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep System
21/04/2012

Summary
Hey all. I've been playing Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep lately, and I've found quite a lot of features that I would love to put into a game that I'm working on. For starters, the game uses skills as commands, and features a command deck that they are placed in. It starts off with only three slots, but as the character progresses, they unlock more slots, up to eight max.

When a command is used, it takes a certain period of time to recharge before it can be used again. Each command gains experience as you battle, and levels up. When commands have reached their maximum level, they can be melded together to create a new command, and you can also add abilities to them by melding them with special crystals. When a command with an ability attached is equipped, the player gains the ability temporarily, and when the command reaches it's maximum level, the player receives the ability permanently.

Items are also used in the command deck. Each item has a set number of uses in battle, for example, a Potion, when equipped in the command deck can be used up to five times during battle, provided that the player has five potions in stock. When the battle is over, the count returns to five, provided there are five left.

There is also a gauge that fills as you attack enemies, kind of like what the KGC_Overdrive script does. Once it reaches it's maximum, it changes your attack command to a Finish command. Finish commands level up as the player fights enemies, or collects gold, and many other ways.

The Command Deck will be displayed on the bottom left of the screen, similar to this picture. http://thegamersthumb.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/birthbysleep-ven_gameplay.jpg

The up and down arrows will allow the player to scroll through the command deck, while the Z Key will be used to perform a normal attack or Finish command, if the gauge is full. The X Key will be used to Guard, completely preventing damage from any attack, and the C Key will be used to Escape the battle. The A Key will activate whichever command is currently selected.

Also, the players HP Bar and Face Graphic will be displayed on the lower right of the screen as shown in the above image.

Features Desired
    - Command Deck with expandable slots
    - Commands to be levelled up
    - Recharge time on commands
    - Items included as commands
    - Command Melding
    - Abilities to be added to commands
    - Finish Gauge, with Finish commands to be levelled up
    - Designated keys for battle
    - HP Bar and Face Graphic

Games its been in
    Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep

« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 09:44:22 PM by stucko »

Rep: +0/-0Level 71
RMRK Junior
Any thoughts/ideas as to how i could make some of these parts work without scripts would be greatly appreciated also.