RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA] Battler SFX (Existing VX Script)

Rep: +0/-0Level 56
RMRK Junior
Edit: being worked on by someone

My abilities with RGSS script amounts to no more than modifying a few lines to customize things so I don't have any idea how much work this would be for someone to tweak or convert this script from VX to be VX Ace compatible, but i'll post the request anyway in the hopes that someone takes it on.

This is the existing VX script: http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=11660
(Note: I've looked and I can't find any Ace scripts that do what this does, but if there is i'd appreciate a link!)

Basically it allows you to specify different sound effects to play when a battler monster performs various actions, such as attacking, taking damage, dying, etc

There are two versions, one for "default battle system" and one for "side view battle system", I use a side view system but i'm not sure what the difference in the scripts is or how it actually affects anything, if it helps, the side view system I use is this, so it would be great if it worked with that.

Basically i'd just like it to work exactly how it does in VX, only compatible with Ace.

Thanks
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 04:19:55 AM by paradoxum »

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I would (probably) do it if the script was just posted here, or at Pastebin. I hate going through MediaFire or the like to just get some text.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

RMRK Junior
Yeah, that is annoying. Here it is on pastebin.

The one listed for side-view battles; http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=Puh743Cm

Default one; http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=wvH35hhZ
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 11:59:59 AM by paradoxum »

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
That's one tedious script right there. You'd be very lucky if I got it done on Saturday. And then I wouldn't have much time until... next Saturday, I guess.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

RMRK Junior
There's no hurry, i'm just happy if anyone is willing to do it, thanks :)

Edit: Also, the code of the script doesn't have to be exactly the same, I mean if you can achieve the same effect in a much easier way then by all means work your coding magic, i'm only after the same end-result of the script as the VX one, which is to be able to have monsters play different sound effects when performing different actions in battle (take damage, deal damage, die, etc) using the notebox
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 12:22:19 PM by paradoxum »

RMRK Junior
Timothy told me he isn't going to do this so if anyone else would like to take it up please let me know.

RMRK Junior
bump. This is pretty vital to my game, would be willing to drop a few bucks in paypal as thanks to anyone that does it.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 07:03:24 AM by paradoxum »