RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA] Major Arcana

Rep:
Level 82
So I've started my playthrough, but I do have to ask... what is with people on the internet using 'then' instead of 'than'? It happens everywhere.

If it's not overly obvious, this happens in the game too - so far, at least, in the opening dialogue after Cory wakes up.

It's just one of those things that bugs me I think.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Damn it yuyu >:C
That's a pet peeve of mine too. I should've picked up on it. We'll do a scan for grammatical and spelling errors in the game >:O
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 82
I didn't notice anything else, at least with the grammar. It's just those little sneaky things that slip in if you aren't paying much attention.

It was a short game but I enjoyed it quite a bit. The humour is non-serious and light which is great. I think my two favourite moments have to be:

Spoiler for:
Learning that Natasha is a
Spoiler for:
cow
Tyler's rather perverse sense of humour; it reminds me of quite a few people I know, myself included

Whilst not part of the humour, I also liked the plot twist at the end of the demo. Very nice. I love those - what with being a huge story/mystery type of person.

I will be giving my experience some thought, and will hopefully have a review up by tomorrow.

I hope to see more of this game. I think it will be quite a successful light humoured game if it continues the same way that is a joy to play.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
So I've started my playthrough, but I do have to ask... what is with people on the internet using 'then' instead of 'than'? It happens everywhere.

Huh... D&P3 always mentions the same thing, and tells me to correct myself. :P I guess I forgot! (I blame American Schools for not stressing it enough :mad: at least, mine didn't...). I'll get to fixing that before the problem gets too out of hand~ thanks :P

It was a short game but I enjoyed it quite a bit. The humour is non-serious and light which is great.
[...]
Whilst not part of the humour, I also liked the plot twist at the end of the demo. Very nice. I love those - what with being a huge story/mystery type of person.
[...]
I hope to see more of this game. I think it will be quite a successful light humoured game if it continues the same way that is a joy to play.

Thanks for your comments!! :) I'm glad you enjoyed it. We're certainly going to keep making this. ;)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 10:03:34 PM by Deanna »
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 88
&& Lime
Winner - 2011 Spring Project of the Season
Very cool! You've put a lot of work into this and it shows. I love the mapping as well, but maybe consider finding some different trees, as the height of the character is really strange when standing next to a tree the same size as me.

Sill, very awesome, can't wait for more.

hey, pasta!

i'm not okay.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
I love the mapping as well, but maybe consider finding some different trees, as the height of the character is really strange when standing next to a tree the same size as me.

Ahhh... I used Mack-style sprites and trees, but I do agree with you on that. :) I've seen some fancy trees around, so I'll certainly look for them. Thanks, Bunny! Glad you liked the game so far! :)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Okay, re-did the maps with taller trees, just as Bunny recommended. :)

Spoiler for:

So far, I'm really liking the look! :) Credit to Celianna once again. xD
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Another update ;o (trying not to spam with updates, but thought I'd share 8))

Now using this battle theme for Major Arcana, recently made by the super talented (and gorgeous ;)) Chris Malson:

http://soundcloud.com/chrismalson/battle

EDIT: (A quiet edit/update ;o)

New windowskin?? ? ??

Spoiler for:

I did some recolors and edits, but I credit Woratana(sp?) for the Windowskin generator I got most of this stuff from. ;o I'll have to remind Pac to add Wora to the credits list~
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 02:03:16 AM by Deanna »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oh, fine. I'll update. :mad: Just to prove I'm still working on this. Been slicing at the planned features and such. Here's a list of what's planned, what's finished, and notes. (in green if completed, red if cancelled)

Spoiler for Planned Features:
Stuff approved by the team:
  • Craft system for Weapons/Armors/Accessories (similar to Final Fantasy: Chrystal Chronicles
This is taking quite some time. However, I think I'm more then half-way done with it. I've decided against making accessories craft-able. Weapons and Armor are annoying enough. :mad:
  • A "stance" class-change system for the main hero to swap between Warrior, Rogue, Healer, Mage (similar to Kingdom Hearts 2?)
  • Main hero can change classes mid-battle, with a cooldown
Can't do a cooldown for this D: Nor can I make him do this mid-battle (it just ended up having more oddities then perks) Sorry! But what I've decided to keep is done!~
EDIT: Just kidding :O!

• Even more pancakes ;o
;o Working on it... kind of? Not exactly a difficult task :p

"Maybe" list:
  • Main hero "phoenix"? When the main hero dies, he will be revived with 1hp after the battle (this might actually be approved, not sure. Helps prevent "game over" bugs if a player leaves the party by scene while Cory is dead, etc.)
This is 100% done. ;) Yay!

Also playing with the database, to make it more unique (on a separate file, pac, so you can still "OK" everything or whatnot ;o) As far as this goes, I've spiced up the armors/accessories section. Still going to work on Items/Weapons. Shouldn't take as long (can make most stuff as we go ;o).

The next demo is probably going to be the same, only with the new, more unique features. The gameplay just didn't quite seem colorful enough, so after these updates, that *should* be the set-and-stone gameplay style for Major Arcana. 8) Then, I shall continue the story, and restrain myself from frantically adding new features or getting too ambitious. :V
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 04:28:23 AM by Gaston »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
I like the new windowskin. Green is my favorite color. 8]
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
  • Main hero can change classes mid-battle, with a cooldown
Can't do a cooldown for this D: Nor can I make him do this mid-battle (it just ended up having more oddities then perks) Sorry! But what I've decided to keep is done!~

Dude, you're working with a scripter. Chillax.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
o

Wasn't sure if you wanted to script it or not, cause you mentioned something about liking the evented version? I think that was just me misreading~ :mad: :P

gonna edit that post then :P

@Halo
Also, Green & Orange are Major Arcana's color schemes :) glad you like it! B]
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 04:29:43 AM by Gaston »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 60
Awesome, updates! Definitely one of the better games we've played recently, especially when it comes to the story and character writing (and those planned features sound pretty awesome, too). Let us know when all of this gets uploaded for sure. :)

And you can never have too many pancakes.

Never.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
I like your evented version. I just think changing mid-battle would be super-cool, and possible. I don't think it'd be possible to event it though.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I like your evented version. I just think changing mid-battle would be super-cool, and possible. I don't think it'd be possible to event it though.

Okay ;o Silly me. Scripts are pretty magical~ ;8
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Update with the sexy Major Arcana theme, written by the oh-so delectable Malson. ;)

ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 57
Destroy all the monsters...
I like the story & the mapping.

The ost, looks like pretty cool too.  ;8

I'll go down the demo now, Greetings.

See ya' later  8)
Click me, if wanna see more charas.-->
Spoiler for:

Rep:
Level 58
Attraction of goodwill
Update with the sexy Major Arcana theme, written by the oh-so delectable Malson. ;)

Music to my ears

I love the game too, keep working on it, I think it's lovely :)
Sometimes I wonder if I need psychiatric help :'(

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Thanks for the complements, guys! :gracie:

Finals week is next week, so it may take some time. (Also, I haven't been feeling 100% healthy lately. Not "sick" (yet!?) but maybe a bit fatigued. :()

Either way, I'm grateful for the support, it motivates me so much. :tpg: I'll be back to working on this next demo release asap. :)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
DEMO 2.0 is complete!!!

Yay, it's about time I've gotten this update done! The demo is the same story-stretch, but it's been bulked on some new features since the GIAW9 bug-fix release. It's a more of it's own game now. ;) New features in the demo include:
  • Cory's Class-switch system (can't occur during battle yet, though)
  • Craft system for Weapons & Armor (but not accessories. it took forever to do this as it was >_<)
  • More pancakes. duh
  • The Cory "phoenix" system. He gets auto-revived after battle with 1HP ;)
  • Healing/restoring items are now officially food. Not potions and elixers, but FOOD.
  • Lots of unique and super sexy Malson made music ;o
  • Game lore stocked up in some of the bookshelves
And some other things I either can't remember or am too lazy to mention. ;o
~Please let me know if there are any bugs/issues or even feedback with the game. I'll do my best to fix whatever I can~

Also note that the 2.0 demo download is not yet on the main post of this thread. Pacman is busy with life and I'll either have to have some edits done, or maybe somehow get control of the thread. I'll worry about that later. (I did manage to update the screenshots, though, by using MAGIC ;o). For now:

DOWNLOAD DEMO 2.0 HERE!
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 60
New features in the demo include:
  • More pancakes. duh

DOWNLOADING NAO.

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
I really really need to set aside some time to try this out.  I have been procrastinating on so many of these games and I just need to stop doing that and do it.  I asked Zylos if it was okay for me to record a let's play of his game.  Would it be cool if I did the same for this?
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I really really need to set aside some time to try this out.  I have been procrastinating on so many of these games and I just need to stop doing that and do it.  I asked Zylos if it was okay for me to record a let's play of his game.  Would it be cool if I did the same for this?

Of course :)! That'd be really cool! :D
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I am now able to update the thread. :) Demo 2.0 has been added to the main page. For this, I extend my thanks to the glorious Modern Algebra and bomb-diggity Malson. :tpg:

Once again, be sure to let me know if you guys run into any bugs or have random comments or anything like that. :P ~
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
*update with new characters ;o (also gonna update the features on the main post soon)

Proud to present, John (strike)

~Ashley's (Acolyte) bad-a boyfriend

& Kaythena

~She's not based off of anyone, but our young hero is quickly beset by her beauty and rough attitude. (An NPC)

Also, I want to proudly confirm that (for irony reasons) I am going to make Bobby (HaloOfTheSun) become the game's "Navi". (Until he joins the party way later on) You will be able to call him and he will remind you what the hell you're supposed to do. Features of this do not include obnoxious spamming of the phrases "hey", "listen", "hello", and "watch out".
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]