RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA][RESOLVED] Extended Choice List

Rep: +0/-0Level 68
RMRK Junior
I've looked around (though I do seem to be really suckish at searching for things), and I can't find a script or any other way to make those pesky choice lists longer. I plan on trying to add some form of crafting system where you can trade certain junk items in for weapons/armor/etc, but making the player go through repeated choice branches seems like it would just annoy players to the point where they ignore the option completely.

So my request is for a script that would give a page of choices, like how shops appear, to make this work better. I have no experience with scripting, so I have no idea how easy/hard that would be to make (heck, last time I tried to copy&paste a script, I failed at THAT). If this is something that is just flat-out impossible to do with RMVXA's scripting language, or has been done before and I just missed it, please tell me.

I've checked the websites that the rules thread recommends, and couldn't find this (though, again, knowing me, I probably overlooked it. I've been known to overlook the same thing until I've searched the same place for an hour.)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 02:07:10 PM by vgy1592 »

Rep:
Level 71
Captain of Ultima
Sorry 'bout my bad english :/

Rep: +0/-0Level 68
RMRK Junior
I'm looking into it. Doesn't look quite as clean as I wanted, but it'll definately do. Thanks.