RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
VXA Common Event Issue [resolved]

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
Anyone care to venture a guess as to why I'm getting this message when I call a common event?

What info do you need to know to help me out?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 03:21:23 PM by Ronald »

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
It may be the error of a scripter who put something like that in for testing purposes and forgot to remove it (as I have done myself >.<). To see if this is what it is, go into your script editor and press Ctrl + Shift + F, type in msgbox and look at the results. By default, there are only two instances where this is used, once in DataManager and once in Game_Interpreter. If there are any other instances of this (of course, they would only be in custom scripts), post the script here and I'll check it out.

Does this occur every time you call any common event?
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
Yup, for all of them.

Here's what comes up.

Huzzah! It was in the Game_interrupter script. Got it.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 03:21:10 PM by Ronald »

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Why in the hell was that there? ???

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Well, I downloaded Enu's sideview battle system and tried FOREVER to import the scripts.  I just couldn't get it all to work, so I ended up copying my files into the script demo.  A big pain seeing how ALL OF IT was in Japanese. 

I guess the creator had it in there for a reason.

I guess.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Tankentai always provides more problems than it solves, it seems.

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
The effect is nice, it's just hard to implement.  I'm also quite think when it comes to scripting anyways.

I don't know if I should switch over to a different animated side view battle script.  I'm terrible at art and would need someone to help with the battlers.  This is just sort of working for now!