RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshots

Rep:
Level 58
How do you take screen shots?
How do you put pictures in a post?
You are tiny. I can see the whole of time and space, every single atom of your existence, and I divide them. Everything must come to dust, all things, everything dies.

Spoiler for A Thief's Tale:

Rep:
Level 71
You can use the snipping tool or if you have Microsoft Word 2010 there is a screenshot function. Then upload to a image hosting site and copy the image url. Finally use the insert image tool and paste the url. You can also attach pictures to the bottom but it's bad for presenting your project

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

Rep:
Level 58
What's the snipping tool and how does it work?
You are tiny. I can see the whole of time and space, every single atom of your existence, and I divide them. Everything must come to dust, all things, everything dies.

Rep:
Level 71
I edited my post about adding a picture in a post, the snipping tool allows you to select an area of the screen and save it.

Rep:
Level 58

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+do+you+take+screenshots

Enough with the "let me google that for you" thing, if I wanted to google it I would. When I ask on here it is because I would like someone to give me an actual answer, not to just google it for me.
Sorry, it's just every time I ask a question I almost always get someone giving me that.

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+do+you+take+screenshots

Enough with the "let me google that for you" thing, if I wanted to google it I would. When I ask on here it is because I would like someone to give me an actual answer, not to just google it for me.
Sorry, it's just every time I ask a question I almost always get someone giving me that.

The questions that you ask are at best easily googled.  It is a lesson we all have to learn eventually. 

And just so you know, the snipping tool is the hard way.  There is a much simpler way.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 01:51:31 AM by Steven W »
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

Rep:
Level 58
And just so you know, the snipping tool is the hard way.  There is a much simpler way.

Don't worry I got it, my brother told me about the Shift/Print Screen method.

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
What's the snipping tool and how does it work?

I just did a search in windows for "snipping tool" and boom, there it was.  I've never used it before because I take the hard road and press the "prt sc" button which copies the screen you see to the clipboard.  You can then copy paste into just about any program and then save the picture.  Looks like the snipping tool takes away the hassle.

After you save your picture, upload them to a site, say, photobucket.com and then copy the image url into your post. Or photobucket has a button under each picture you upload that already has the code in it.  If you choose another site that doesn't have that option:

See that button under bold when you're replying to a post? The one that is a picture? You can hit that button and it will automatically insert the img code for you. Then paste your image's url in that. Boom.

[ img ] image url goes here [ / img ]
It will look like that without the spaces.

Rep:
Level 58
Hey does anyone know where I could get the text box in this photo for my game, it's from a canceled game called (I think) two continents.

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
PM me badwolf, this thread is just rules, not how to.

Rep:
Level 58

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Hey look! Now it's the right thread. Looks like a system file. You'd have to search for xp system files to find it. Unless of course it was a custom one made for that game, then it'll be much harder to find and inappropriate to use unless you can ask the creator's permission.

Rep:
Level 58
Okay thanks

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Hey does anyone know where I could get the text box in this photo for my game, it's from a canceled game called (I think) two continents.
You should ask the creator of that game (AbsoluteIce) about where you can find it.

However his project was done in RMVX, yours is done in XP.
So the window probably wouldn't work with your game :-\
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 71
Actually that's one of my windows, it was for rmxp but I modified it to work with rmvx. Here is the link to the xp version.

Rep:
Level 58
Actually that's one of my windows, it was for rmxp but I modified it to work with rmvx. Here is the link to the xp version.

When I got there and logged in it gave me this error
Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Is RMRK one of the only places left that doesn't require you specifically to be a member to read through the forum threads? Ugh, that's annoying.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
It is now here.

Since you brought it up Zylos.

I really dislike RPGmakerVX.net
I tried to put up my tutorials that I made for VX & VXA and they always go into moderation and never end up on the bloody boards. I follow their rules on the posts, but still getting that bullcrap.
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I tried to put up my tutorials that I made for VX & VXA and they always go into moderation and never end up on the bloody boards. I follow their rules on the posts, but still getting that bullcrap.
Know that feel, bro. I posted scripts there once, never saw them there.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 58
Hey I applied that parchment like text to my game and it looks brilliant but it isn't applied to the character selection screen.

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
It is now here.

Since you brought it up Zylos.

Their staff is really half-assed.  Half of them seem like kids on a power trip and the administrators just let it slide.  It doesn't surprise me that valuable things always go unnoticed.

Hey I applied that parchment like text to my game and it looks brilliant but it isn't applied to the character selection screen.

It's a custom screen I'm assuming right?

Rep:
Level 58
Their staff is really half-assed.  Half of them seem like kids on a power trip and the administrators just let it slide.  It doesn't surprise me that valuable things always go unnoticed.

It's a custom screen I'm assuming right?

Yeah, and it works great except it isn't applied to the name input screen.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 12:47:02 AM by BadWolf »

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
No i mean the screen you are on, not the window skin.  The way to make it work for every window is to rename the window skin to "Window" and that is all you need to do.  If you want different windows to have a different skin, though, you have to set it.  If you have it named "Window" it overwrites the RTP window skin

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
Their (RPGmakerVX.net) staff is really half-assed.  Half of them seem like kids on a power trip and the administrators just let it slide.  It doesn't surprise me that valuable things always go unnoticed.
I don't see the point of all that moderation though. What's the worst thing that someone is going to post in the tutorial or script section of the forum?

Some boards need posting moderation, those two certainly don't.